Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 149 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Grutte Pier
    ?

Question Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Don’t get me wrong, collecting militaria is a great hobby and perhaps for some a way of live but personally I can tone down it quite easily and collecting militaria for me is nothing more then pastime.
    I got another (more important) hobby which is being a supporter of my local football club in the Dutch first division Cambuur Leeuwarden, makes me wonder if some of you got other hobbies besides collecting militaria?.

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Hello Meindert,
    beside my passion for militaria, i do have other hobbies. One of them is taking care of this old lady. It was my dream car when i was a teenager and i finally bought one seven years ago...the dream still lives...
    Attached Images Attached Images

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Grutte Pier
    ?

Cool Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello Meindert,
    beside my passion for militaria, i do have other hobbies. One of them is taking care of this old lady. It was my dream car when i was a teenager and i finally bought one seven years ago...the dream still lives...
    We are probably from the same generation because this 3 series convertible was also one of my favourites and still is, I also still like the touring of this type, a beautiful example you got there!. But the taste for beautiful cars can’t beat the love for my local heroes!, YouTube - BV Veendam - SC Cambuur (Compilatie) one flesh, one breath, one life, one blood!.

Yes the Serie 3 Touring is tremendous. I thought to buy one also, but i finally bought a Serie 5, which is more comfortable for the wife & kids (and gives me less weekend work on it than the convertible).

I used to play football in my youth and my brother was a great striker, he made his way to a professional club, but he broke his right knee at 17 yrs old and never recovered totally. I also played basketball, was formed in a professional club for four years and played at several level of the different french championships, from second top level (ProB) to regional level when i got older.
    I support my local football team which plays in the top french league (Ligue 1), but the local heroes where i live are the ones holding the BRENNUS shield on the picture. The players of the "STADE TOULOUSAIN", the greatest french rugby club ever.
    3 european cups (record), 17 french championships (record).

because when it really matters, never underestimate a TOULOUSAIN

if you want to have a look :

YouTube - stade toulousain compilation

Here on the photo : Finau Maka & Byron Kelleher, two of our heroes who brought back home recently what belongs to us : the Brennus...
    Where i live rugby is not a sport, it is a religion
    Attached Images Attached Images

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Grutte Pier
    ?

Wink Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Yes the Serie 3 Touring is tremendous. I thought to buy one also, but i finally bought a Serie 5, which is more comfortable for the wife & kids (and gives me less weekend work on it than the convertible).

I used to play football in my youth and my brother was a great striker, he made his way to a professional club, but he broke his right knee at 17 yrs old and never recovered totally. I also played basketball, was formed in a professional club for four years and played at several level of the different french championships, from second top level (ProB) to regional level when i got older.
    I support my local football team which plays in the top french league (Ligue 1), but the local heroes where i live are the ones holding the BRENNUS shield on the picture. The players of the "STADE TOULOUSAIN", the greatest french rugby club ever.
    3 european cups (record), 17 french championships (record).

because when it really matters, never underestimate a TOULOUSAIN

if you want to have a look :

YouTube - stade toulousain compilation

Here on the photo : Finau Maka & Byron Kelleher, two of our heroes who brought back home recently what belongs to us : the Brennus...
    Where i live rugby is not a sport, it is a religion
    I knew you where a football fan too Jean Philippe but didn’t know you like to see a rugby play, not surprising because rugby plays a big part in the French sports I believe, here in Holland it stays way behind football. I would like to see Toulouse play my team, we are a small club but got a proper firm.

I had no choice my friend, rugby is everything in my hometown. I played rugby at school, at high-school, no choice....
    The sport teacher : "Wow, it's sunny today, let's play rugby"
    "Wow, it's raining today, let's play rugby"
    "Wow, it's cold today, let's play rugby"
    rugby all over the place, the Stade Toulousain scouts even came to me when i was 16, because of my physical skills and strengh, but at this time i fell in another sport, basketball, which gave me a good career and good memories. As i have a public playground close to my house, i still play during summertime, but not so easy to dunk nowadays....no more jump...

In Memoriam :

?

Like JPhilip i have a also a old lady. Also a dream car when i was young
    The history of the car goes back to end of the WWII. The first car
    was build up 1947 with parts of the Kübelwagen and Schwimmwagen
    in Austria.

Now guess what car is it ...

?

hello!
    my other hobby is my dog and krav maga.
    greets
    mike,lir2

R.R
    ?

I'm plastic modeller too.

SS Ring Man
    ?

Yes one should not keep one self bottel up with just one thing for me it's not just WW2 it also medical item's from the 18th century,good hand colored prints 18th and early 19th (c).I still love items from our Revoultion and any FREEMASON item

Page 1 of 149 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast