MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Our grandfathers and fathers and relatives in military service!

Article about: by Spitace41 Looks like he was in the Home Guard? Indeed and must be before he joined the navy. Great pic and a great family history you have (Col) James.

Another thread of mine about my 2nd Cousin, once removed:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/histo...-please-29447/

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

My Third Cousin, twice removed.

Lance Corporal Albert Stevenson. Born in Ruddington in 1887. Killed in Action in 1916.

Service No: 2507
    Date of Death: 05/11/1916
    Regiment/Service :Durham Light Infantry 1st/8th Bn.
    Panel Reference Pier and Face 14 A and 15 C. THIEPVAL MEMORIAL
    Attached Images Attached Images

George Stevenson. Royal Engineers 1939 - 1945.

Complicated relationship to me. He is blood related as well as being the nephew of 2nd wife of my Great Grandfather. She was a Stevenson by birth but married into my maternal Grandmother's family.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sgt John Henry Stevenson MM. 1886 - 1936.

My 3rd cousin 2x removed.

He served with the Lincolnshire Regt. Awarded the Military Medal and Croix de Guerre.

Do you know the whereabouts of his MM and Croix de Guerre?

Sadly they are lost.....I have asked!

The family moved to the North East.

As you can see, I am very interested in family history too. Hence all the Stevensons in this thread.

Cheers, Ade.

Its good to see that you know so much about your family history. I am currently trying to research my Grandfather who was ground crew in 235 squadron coastal command. I must say its easier to research WW1 relatives !

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast