Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Our grandfathers and fathers and relatives in military service!

Article about: by Spitace41 Looks like he was in the Home Guard? Indeed and must be before he joined the navy. Great pic and a great family history you have (Col) James.

Corporal Arthur Stevenson. Brother to the above. Again my 3rd Cousin, twice removed.

8th Durham Light Infantry 1914 - 1918.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Charles Stevenson. Brother again to the above. Same relationship to me of course.

POW for three years.

Photo taken in 1914.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

thanks Adrian. Much appreciated!

Regards,
    wim

Corporal Alfred Herbert Thompson, Corps of Military Police, Chindits.

My 1st cousin 1x removed.

Alfred joined up in 1936 and served pre war in India. He was sadly widowed in 1939 and remarried in 1941. He then saw further service in the Far East. He later emigrated to Australia. He passed away in 1969.

The motorcycle is a Norton 16H.

Cheers, Ade.

Harry Stevenson. My 1st cousin, once removed.

Harry served in the Air Training Corps in the early part of the war as a teenager. But by 1945 he had joined the Royal Navy.

Harry is still alive and has been a real help with my family history research.

Cheers, Ade.

Frank Stevenson.

My 1st Cousin, twice removed.

Aged 18 Frank Joined the Labour Corps in 1915. He served on the Western Front.

Even though it clearly states on his service record that he was awarded the British War Medal and the Victory Medal, I can find no trace of his medal index card entry.

Alfred Stevenson. My 1st cousin, twice removed.

Alfred joined the Royal Engineers in 1916 aged 28. Luckly he did not serve overseas.

Arthur Stevenson.

My 1st Cousin, twice removed.

Joined 3rd Garrison Battl Royal Welsh Fusiliers in 1918.

My dad,

First photo is of him at the tender young age of 17 just before he was shipped off to China in 1945.

My dad joined the Marines with the intention of staying in for only 2 years or for however long the war lasted but with the war over, his enlistment up and nothing really going on in his life, he decided to stick around for another 28 years!

As a China Marine, my father was with the last group to leave Peking as the communist Chinese were pushing them out. My dad later went on to serve a Tour of Duty in Korea and 2 tours in Viet Nam along with all the other places his 30 year career took him. My earliest memories of my father was talking to him on the phone through a Ham Radio Operator.

The second photo is of my father on the deck of an LPH I believe in the South China Sea sometime in the mid 1060's.

dad_USMC1945.jpg

Dad_Deck of LPH.JPG

Russ & Son

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast