Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

To our members in France

Article about: I am hearing on the news about an attach has taken place in Paris. With over a 100 dead. Killed in a concert hall and in a cafe in Paris. I hope you all are well and safe tonight. You are in

London as a child in 1976 ( the IRA bombing campaign) was scary & almost complete lockdown. I don't want to go though that again. Stewy

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    After Saddam was ousted from power, everyone who was a member of Saddam's party wasn't allowed to take part in the newly established state. The party functioned there like in the Soviet Union - you would join it to advance in your career and not for ideological purposes. Of course there were politically motivated people and supporters of Saddam's regime but at the same time it included the educated and experienced class of the country. Now none of them could drive the country on a newly constructed and stable road and the road for further radicalization was open.
    Further to that the vast Iraqi army was disbanded, thus leaving a standing army with weapons and nothing to do but be radicalized ...these are mistakes that the United States and their allies already know..but Saddam was not a stabilizing force, he was a mass murderer, not only on his own people but Kurds, Iranians and anyone else he could get his hands on..Iraq as a nation is an after war 'put together' country (Treaty of Sèvres) that suited the powers that be at the time.its just when he was doing all the killing 'internally' it didnt rate the attention of the world..now the world has to deal with the issue because it directly affects us in the west

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Further to that the vast Iraqi army was disbanded, thus leaving a standing army with weapons and nothing to do but be radicalized ...these are mistakes that the United States and their allies already know..but Saddam was not a stabilizing force, he was a mass murderer, not only on his own people but Kurds, Iranians and anyone else he could get his hands on..Iraq as a nation is an after war 'put together' country that suited the powers that be at the time.its just when he was doing all the killing 'internally' it didnt rate the attention of the world..now the world has to deal with the issue because it directly affects us in the west
    I said nothing about Saddam being a stabilizing force or that he should have remained in power.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Agreed. Trump is crying over a measly 10,000 Syrian refugees supposedly getting a place in the US, while Europe is literally drowning in this flood. I'd like to say a lot about the results of US intervention in Iraq and how it destabilized and formed a more severe form of radicalization in the Middle East but I'll leave it here...
    I was referring to this. For it to be destabilized implies that it was stable to begin with..Its not an argument mate, and lets not lose sight of the topic, that is the horrific events in Paris

Quote by wizardman View Post
    and lets not lose sight of the topic, that is the horrific events in Paris
    Bravo
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Trump also said that people should have to wear weapons.
    If all the people that died in Bataclan have had a weapon, less people would have been killed because they could have defend themselves.
    But what kind of bullshit is he talking? Arm civilians? Wtf? So, let's go to a concert and take your weapons with you and then get very drunk.
    That's a wonderfull combination.
    Shouldn't he start wondering why so many people get shot in America? Unbelievable.

?

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Trump also said that people should have to wear weapons.
    If all the people that died in Bataclan have had a weapon, less people would have been killed because they could have defend themselves.
    But what kind of bullshit is he talking? Arm civilians? Wtf? So, let's go to a concert and take your weapons with you and then get very drunk.
    That's a wonderfull combination.
    Shouldn't he start wondering why so many people get shot in America? Unbelievable.
    WAY OFF TOPIC!!!! Don't even go there!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Without going any deeper into this,
    Agreed.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Ohw, and why not? I say what I have to say. Who are you to tell me what I can or may not say!? This all has to do whit this topic.
    He said that as a result of what happend in Paris. Don't you understand that we are mad here in Europe?
    And then there's an idiot that's called Trump that says that we all have to wear weapons...

Let's cool it guys!.....

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast