Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

THE PACIFIC HBO mini-series

Article about: The shop down the road from me has Sledge's and Leckie's actors' uniforms on display. I'll take some pictures the next time I am there.

Default THE PACIFIC HBO mini-series

THE PACIFIC...... HBO's Mini Series coming in March 2010.. From the clip it looks like a very well done 10 part mini-series..In par with HBO's.... THE BAND OF BROTHERS...BILL

HBO: The Pacific: Homepage
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: THE PACIFIC HBO mini-series

Thanks for the update Bill. I'm looking forward to it's airing.

Ty

I saw it and did not like it.

?

I've read both books it was based on, and I must say, it seemed quite accurate to the experiences relayed in these books. It was not overly entertaining and, in my opinion, used too much CGI, but in the end, it's definitely worth checking out. It's not quite Band of Brothers, but it's still great.

Matthew

Quote by mabrgo View Post
    I've read both books it was based on, and I must say, it seemed quite accurate to the experiences relayed in these books. It was not overly entertaining and, in my opinion, used too much CGI, but in the end, it's definitely worth checking out. It's not quite Band of Brothers, but it's still great.

Matthew
    It was too political for me,to much of Tom political view in it.
    but Band of Brothers was great,I watch it ones a month.

?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    It was too political for me,to much of Tom political view in it.
    but Band of Brothers was great,I watch it ones a month.
    I think that comes from it being produced in a post Ken Burns The War world, (which I thought was extremely informative, but very boring). If you are looking for faster pace, action and good story, BoB is better, but The Pacific takes more time to focus on a few soldiers and delves deeper into the individual's experience.

Matthew

?

I loved the series. I first saw Band of Brothers a long time ago with my dad over some holiday then read the book. Talking with him I said it would be great if they did one on the pacific theater. I swear the next day I saw Tom Hanks on The Daily Show with Colbert and he was talking about the series. I found the book "The Pacific" that day and read like 4 chapters the first day. After the series was out and we purchased it I came across Leckie's book, but haven't looked for Sledge's book. I keep forgetting to look for it while at the library.

Good but no Band of Brothers hay.Liked the Alligator creek night battle scenes with tracer flying everywhere,and when they leave the LSD'S docking bay into a world of s---.
    Cheers
    Dave

I bought the DVD set of 'The Pacific' a couple of weeks ago. It is indeed slower
    than 'Band Of Brothers', and the focus is on a few key individuals and their
    historical - yet dramatised - wartime experiences, as Matthew says.

Now half way through.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I bought an American helmet a few months ago and didn't take much notice of a name
    on the liner. There was also a Cat No 8415-50-753-5792.
    I got curious one day and did a google search, and came up with the name of an actor that was in
    6 episodes of the Pacific. The helmet came from near an area where battle scenes were filmed.
    I guess it might have been one of the props.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast