Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Panzer unit qualifications??

Article about: Hello, as some of you may know, I recently bought the remaining parts of a Panzer Oberleutenant awards. My question is, were there any Panzer units that did NOT qualify for the PAB and recei

Default Panzer unit qualifications??

Hello, as some of you may know, I recently bought the remaining parts of a Panzer Oberlieutenant's awards. My question is, were there any Panzer units that did NOT qualify for the PAB and received the GAB instead? I ask this as there was no sign of a PAB in the documents and images that went "elsewhere" before I had the chance to keep the group together. It may well just have been lost to time as a google search of the officers name brought up that he was a Squadron Commander , wounded at the battle of Stalingrad so I would guess that he must have had a PAB?? Anyway, here is a picture of his "surviving" awards still together , your thoughts or insights are most welcome The image of him is from his passport from 1959. Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Assault gunners received ASA's, until the latter stages of the war. Then I believe they received PKA's. There are folks here who can tell you better than me. Hope that helps a bit. Stewy

Pionier, Artillerie & Panzerjäger units were also entitled to the GAB rather than the PAB.

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Assault gunners received ASA's, until the latter stages of the war. Then I believe they received PKA's. There are folks here who can tell you better than me. Hope that helps a bit. Stewy
    Hi Stewy, that could quite well be the answer then as he was wounded in September 1942 and appears to have been the Squadron Commander of a pioneer battalion! Cheers mate, Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    Pionier, Artillerie & Panzerjäger units were also entitled to the GAB rather than the PAB.
    Question definitely answered!! Cheers Hucks, I guess I probably have all of his entitlement then. Leon.