Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Parade in Germany wearing SS uniforms!!!!

Article about: Interesting story from Germany about a local history parade that included some people wearing SS and Wehrmacht uniforms to represent the end of WW2. Seems to have caused a fair bit of troubl

Default Parade in Germany wearing SS uniforms!!!!

Interesting story from Germany about a local history parade that included some people wearing SS and Wehrmacht uniforms to represent the end of WW2.

Seems to have caused a fair bit of trouble for the participants

Have a look at the story;

Parade in SS uniforms sparks outrage - The Local

Cheers,

Grant
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Default Re: Parade in Germany wearing SS uniforms!!!!

I think it's a bit stupid to forbid swastika as symbols on historical items. For example dedicated collectors meetings reqired to close all the symbols and NSDAP leader faces...
    If not closed-item confiscated and you got penalty of 600 eur.
    And by that way, I lost some money too, when bought a buckle, and under the closed area was repaired denazified one...
    I don't think that is good idea, in that case they need to close swastika in the museums in the books, on the pictures etc...
    I understand if the swastika will be sold in a fantasy nazy pieces for neo-nazy purposes, and using as the tool of propaganda, the restrictions must work only in that cases. But historical items must be opened- in any case I know what is under the piece of tape, on the item which is for sale on the collectors meeting
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

!vae victis!

grant cheers for the link mate!

The club’s members had apparently removed or covered up the forbidden swastikas and SS runes from the uniforms.

doesnt look like they are coverd up does it?

Hi Ewan, I think they are covered up, usually they only just cover the swastikas, leaving the rest of the eagle showing.

This kind of parade or re-enactment if taking place inside Germany is always going to be a very touchy subject. My friend Bill Medland, who is a forum member here, managed to arrange a march, but this took a lot of arranging and much negotiation.

I think the wear of Waffen SS uniform is in this case an error of judgement. But the problem is the general public see even the Wehrmacht uniform as "Nazi".

Cheers, Ade.

ade get seen with anything with a swastika on it these days and your a neo nazi all my mates my age (and some family) think iam one because i collect german militaria

iam also past the point of trying to explain it to them

I too agree that things went overboard with this: a scandal? a provocation? C'mon - I think that more often than not, this is just an attempt by some people to try and forget about the past. Nazi Germany was what it was and I think it's important that we remember it in order to make sure it doesn't happen again!

Rob

Quote by Ewan Stirling View Post
    ade get seen with anything with a swastika on it these days and your a neo nazi all my mates my age (and some family) think iam one because i collect german militaria

iam also past the point of trying to explain it to them
    I tend to agree with you there Ewan, some people just have an almost irrational mental block when WW2 German items are mentioned.

Ade, when you say that "...But the problem is the general public see even the Wehrmacht uniform as "Nazi"." do you mean inside of Germany? I would have thought that of all places the general population would have known the distinction? However, as I have never had the fortune to visit Germany I may be well off the mark, or perhaps you were referring to the "public" in general

Cheers,

Grant

Hi Grant, due to the teaching of history within Germany and the general fear of all things connected to the war and the Third Reich, everything gets lumped together as being "Nazi". I honestly think people outside of Germany take a more balanced view and anyone with an education can see and make the distintion. I have visted Germany and Austria several times. People are sometimes very careful and guarded about what they say about the war and family members who served. Once a bit of trust develops people will open up though. There is a huge sence of guilt felt even today by those who were not even alive at the time.

Cheers, Ade.

History will come back and bite you on the bum if you forget it. Its completely irrational to try to deny it,to wipe it from peoples conciousness...but then... we live in an irrational,paranoid world

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast