Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Patriotic flags in Berlin's ruins

Article about: Gents, Has anyone seen any pics online of Berlin in the later stages of the war where people have placed little flags around the place in the ruins to show their solidarity? I know I've seen

Default Patriotic flags in Berlin's ruins

Gents,
    Has anyone seen any pics online of Berlin in the later stages of the war where people have placed little flags around the place in the ruins to show their solidarity? I know I've seen pics like this but I'm buggered if I can find any now that I want some! I have an idea for a display I want to make up and a pic like this would be perfect. The flags I'm talking about are the small triangular pennant type and the little paper flags. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks boys,

Dave.

?

I was reminded of this slogan.
    There is also a flag.
    No small pennants though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for trying mate, I'm really after something with the little flags in the ruins.

Have you tried searching the Bundesarchiv image database:

Bundesarchiv - Picture database
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I've tried searching the Bundesarchiv before and had nothing but dramas with their site and they wouldn't sell me any images with swastikas unless I was a museum! I eventually bought an image from the IWM in London but I don't think they'll have the sort of image I'm after this time. Thanks anyway mate!

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I've tried searching the Bundesarchiv before and had nothing but dramas with their site and they wouldn't sell me any images with swastikas unless I was a museum! I eventually bought an image from the IWM in London but I don't think they'll have the sort of image I'm after this time. Thanks anyway mate!
    I must admit I have never had any issues ordering photos either for my publishing business for a licensing fee or when I have downloaded images using my personal use account for free?

Have you trawled through this site Dave ?

Third Reich in Ruins

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by StefanM View Post
    I must admit I have never had any issues ordering photos either for my publishing business for a licensing fee or when I have downloaded images using my personal use account for free?
    I wanted to buy a pic of the fuhrerbunker from them and they sent me an email saying that they wouldn't sell it to me unless I could show that it was for an educational publication on the nazi era, they said that they wouldn't sell any pic for private use. I eventually got a pic from the IWM, not the exact pic I wanted, but one that did the job.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Have you trawled through this site Dave ?

Third Reich in Ruins

Nick
    I hadn't thought about looking there Nick although I have seen the site. I'll have a look through. I also have the book "Berlin Then and Now", there may be something in there, I'll have a look tonight. Thanks for your help mate.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I wanted to buy a pic of the fuhrerbunker from them and they sent me an email saying that they wouldn't sell it to me unless I could show that it was for an educational publication on the nazi era, they said that they wouldn't sell any pic for private use. I eventually got a pic from the IWM, not the exact pic I wanted, but one that did the job.

All I can say is that yours was very different experience than mine as I have not had to pay for images "for private use" from the Bundesarchiv, I just log-in with my user name & password, select images and complete the "private use" option and download from an emailed link. Although like the one below of Fritz August Seidler, a notorious "baby-faced" guard at Auschwitz I did pay a license fee (circa 12 Euros per shot) as this was one of about a dozen or so I ordered for a commercial project in 2012 rather than educational, the latter of which I think are also free of fees.

image001.jpg

update:

I just went to the Bundesarchiv picture database, logged in and found this example image of "fuhrerbunker" which I selected for private use, and from the screen grabs below you can see no fee is chargeable and I can if I want to order it from the link:

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 15.30.54.png

Below: Complete usage form details.

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 15.25.24.png

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 15.29.41.png

update 2:

I thought I would follow the process through but hit this....offline please try later note

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 16.35.33.png

...so will complete later.

Update 3: Order process & download.

Below: Confirm order

Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 08.52.48.png

Below: Order process email from Bundesarchiv:

Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 08.53.53.png

Below: Download link in "My Account"

Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 08.54.42.png

Et voilĂ ! One photo downloaded this morning for the princely sum of 0.00 Euros for private use.

Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 08.55.09.png
    Last edited by StefanM; 01-15-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast