Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Pawel Nowak.

Article about: Just noticed this thief [ hornblower1994@aol.co.uk ] also said to be [ sturmgewehr44@windowslive.com ] is a member on 'Wehrmacht awards forum'. Not a member, so could someone who is put a po

?

Default Re: Pawel nowak.

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Apart from the fakers there are also lot of knowledgable , intelligent people in our hobby , many of whom are ex or current law enforcement , i agree with Doug maybe it;s time to stop talking and actually start to call these people out by whatever means possible !!
    Good points by Doug and Paul. Trouble is - how? What's the best way to make people aware at shows which dealers are selling fakes because the chances are there will be some good items amongst the bad.
    The other problem is who will believe you, who writes the guidelines on what makes a fake a fake? Why does your opinion of an item being a fake carry more weight than the next person?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Good points by Doug and Paul. Trouble is - how? What's the best way to make people aware at shows which dealers are selling fakes because the chances are there will be some good items amongst the bad.
    The other problem is who will believe you, who writes the guidelines on what makes a fake a fake? Why does your opinion of an item being a fake carry more weight than the next person?
    Therein lies the rub Adrian.

?

Being an ex copper, i can only ask one question, how many of the people that have been scammed by this Nowak character have reported the fraud to police in their relative areas or countries, if they have done so then the fraud offices of each force should be collating a very thick file on this guy and by rights will share that information with international agencies in order that he be traced via bank deposits made from the numerous victims of each fraud, this guy may be clever in conning people out of money but hes not that clever to keep avoiding prosecution provided that the collation of information is handled properly and enquries are on going, the total amounts defrauded from all the victims must , by now amass to thousands of dollars/pounds etc, thereby making this persons activities high profile and worthy of a joint operation in order to bring him to justice, but all this rests on the individual victim and whether the fraud has been reported, its no good keep moaning about this guy if noone does anything other than accepting youve been conned and putting it down to poor judgement , if someone breaks into your house do you say "well, i should have made sure all the doors and windows were locked so i better put it down to experience", NO you report it to police, treat this as you would any other theft and dont let peoples comments like "well what did you expect, buying something from someone you dont know" put you off, no matter how many times you try to warn people they will get conned by this guy until hes stopped

davejb, I agree with your advice. I really don't understand how the law hasn't put a stop to him yet, considering how many times I've heard his name (and all the info people seem to have on him). As you mention, he should undoubtably be considered a high-profile fraudster.

Mat

?

Quote by nomis View Post
    COMMON SENSE ??

It has little or nothing to do with common sense. Like i said............when you deal with convincing professional crooks and thieves your ONLY SAFE OPTION is to treat everyone as a crook first, honest upright citizan second.

Is that really what we want .............when with a little effort we can see these people off !!

SF.
    Dear fellow collector. We can not stop the likes of this person with little effort. If we could he would not have operating for such a long time. It is unfortunately up to the individual person to apply common sense and do research. There will always be persons who will not do any research on sellers, and they will because of that not find posts on any forums about these people. Afterwards they probably will. I know how you feel. Got ripped off myself for less money than you. I got so angry for weeks and weeks. Same stalling explanations, problems with 'tax number' bla bla. Even putting his wife on the phone with more excuses. Finally i contacted some people who talked to him, and got my things. It was a man in Duisburg. People who don't do their homework ask for being ripped off. No offense. So did i.

?

Default Re: Pawel Nowak.

What if one person who got ripped off by Mr. Nowak, contacted another person who had the same experience, and started to find as many persons possible willing to report him to the proper authorities, and start building a case against Mr. Nowak?

With the amount of money that is spent on various items in this hobby I am sure one day this nowak bloke will rip off the wrong person finish up in hospital. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. I am still quite new to this forum but I am bloody glad I found it, it has already saved me a lot of money on items I was certain were genuine.
    Cheers, Dave

Quote by davejb View Post
    Being an ex copper, i can only ............

, if someone breaks into your house do you say "well, i should have made sure all the doors and windows were locked so i better put it down to experience", NO you report it to police, .....
    Thise is no personal attaque; you know I respect and apreciate you!
    BUT thise is exactly what we (as a victime)get to hear when rapport any problemes to the police ( speaking for Belgian police!!).I did not repport more then 10 "situations" I had to deal with in the last 15 years, because most of the time I had to stay longer at the police station then the criminals!!!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Hello mate, i fully accept that each police force is different in their approach to dealing with situations, but if you are the victim of crime you have certain rights and this applies to all police agencies, you expect to be treated with respect, your complaint dealt with in a proper manner and investigated fully and if the need arises you remind them of that fact, i cannot speak for all police forces as to how long their individual reporting system takes, but once it has been reported it becomes official and therefore logged and some form of action has to be taken and if you feel that nothing is being done , complain, remember that police forces everywhere are there to serve the public and if you feel that is not happening in an efficient and prompt manner,, complain, that is your right and if your still not happy with the outcome , go higher up the chain, but my main point was that if everyone who has been the victim of one particular persons fraudulent actions, reports that fact, the authorities will treat the matter completely differently and a much larger investigation will be the result

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Therein lies the rub Adrian.
    Indeed , how do we take this forward other than challenging dealers face to face at fairs but of course they will argue it's only someone else's opnion !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast