MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Pawel Nowak.

Article about: Just noticed this thief [ hornblower1994@aol.co.uk ] also said to be [ sturmgewehr44@windowslive.com ] is a member on 'Wehrmacht awards forum'. Not a member, so could someone who is put a po

?

Default Re: Pawel nowak.

Quote by davejb View Post
    Being an ex copper, i can only ask one question, how many of the people that have been scammed by this Nowak character have reported the fraud to police in their relative areas or countries, if they have done so then the fraud offices of each force should be collating a very thick file on this guy and by rights will share that information with international agencies in order that he be traced via bank deposits made from the numerous victims of each fraud, this guy may be clever in conning people out of money but hes not that clever to keep avoiding prosecution provided that the collation of information is handled properly and enquries are on going, the total amounts defrauded from all the victims must , by now amass to thousands of dollars/pounds etc, thereby making this persons activities high profile and worthy of a joint operation in order to bring him to justice, but all this rests on the individual victim and whether the fraud has been reported, its no good keep moaning about this guy if noone does anything other than accepting youve been conned and putting it down to poor judgement , if someone breaks into your house do you say "well, i should have made sure all the doors and windows were locked so i better put it down to experience", NO you report it to police, treat this as you would any other theft and dont let peoples comments like "well what did you expect, buying something from someone you dont know" put you off, no matter how many times you try to warn people they will get conned by this guy until hes stopped
    Totally agree Dave but the problem is getting the Cops these days to deal with crimes and incidents on there own patch is difficult enough , in all honesty i can't imagine many wanting to take on something like this unless they are collectors themselves .

Unfortunately due to the International nature of much of the Militaria trading it allows a bloke like this to hide away in Poland seemingly with impunity , it really needs the collecting community in each country to try and deal with the Fakers and dealers selling fakes within their own country,

Come the revolution !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Good points by Doug and Paul. Trouble is - how? What's the best way to make people aware at shows which dealers are selling fakes because the chances are there will be some good items amongst the bad.
    The other problem is who will believe you, who writes the guidelines on what makes a fake a fake? Why does your opinion of an item being a fake carry more weight than the next person?
    With reference to the shows and obvious fakes being sold as originals, perhaps its about time that the organisers of these shows start to police the vendors more closely and issue warnings to each applicant that should it be found that they are selling fake items deliberately, they will be banned from all future shows and that their details will be passed to all other organisers of militaria fairs , im sure that the more unscrupulous dealers will think twice before plying their wares on the unwary, it may not stop all of them straight away but im sure some can be weeded out initially, also the excuse of ignorance to the fact is no exception in law, as a dealer their knowledge should be sufficient to know the difference and if not do the research like we have to

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Totally agree Dave but the problem is getting the Cops these days to deal with crimes and incidents on there own patch is difficult enough , in all honesty i can't imagine many wanting to take on something like this unless they are collectors themselves .

Unfortunately due to the International nature of much of the Militaria trading it allows a bloke like this to hide away in Poland seemingly with impunity , it really needs the collecting community in each country to try and deal with the Fakers and dealers selling fakes within their own country,

Come the revolution !!!
    Yes , you make a good point there but it really depends on the amount of monies involved, most larger frauds are , in some way connected internationally, either via foreign bank tranfers or buying in from other countries, this is where the fraud investigation teams can use their powers, it shouldnt matter what the fraud entails regarding property, its still a large scale theft and as such can be investigated via communication from force to force, i believe that Interpol has a dept to deal with such enquries but until information is collated and passed on , nothing gets done, perhaps it would be a good idea if all those affected by Nowaks frauds, contact each other in some way, amass information with all details, dates, times, amounts ,bank details and enmass submit a full report and send a copy of all persons affected to their relevant police forces and cc the report to INTERPOL, this may encourage a more involved investigation, it certainly couldnt do any harm and may reap rewards

Default Re: Pawel Nowak.

Maybe what also discorages people from reporting these kinds of wrong doings is the fact that they are rarely local or even in state. In the US, once it crosses state line it becomes a federal issue and if it takes place over the internet it a whole new ball game (IC3 department or something like that), heck, it's even diffifuclt to get law enforcement working together in the same state (no fault of their own, it's the system). In another country, that must take on a whole new mess of issues. These are the reasons internet fraud is so common, it's simply too hard to track down and persecute. It's easy enough to say that the various enforcement agencies can just share info and "solve the case" but the reality is, that this rarely if ever happens in what might be considered by the agency as a minor fraud case.

Nowak has his fingers in many pies, it is even thought that he may have a team at work using his name (if that really is it!)

He also scams people who collect Japanese swords using the same m.o. as he does for militaria.

He has successfully conned wreck divers and treasure hunters to buy non existant maps of mainly Spanish bullion wrecksites and has even frauduently sold shares in a company he purported to own, that had salvage rights to a treasure ship off the south east U.S. coast that stung one American investor for $20,000!

The one thing is that Nowak is lazy. His operating procedures never change whoever he's scamming and for what. A close look at any papers or i.d's he offers as proof of originality or his identity are easily seen as bogus copies lifted from internet sources.

As has been said again and again throughout this thread, do your own homework, it pays dividends and in this case, takes only minutes as there is so much out there on this guy (and possible associates). Or you may choose not to, and keep conking on about stickies and dedicated threads or sub forums on each page warning the naive and gullible to steer clear. It is not neccessary if you get off your arse and attempt your own research.

Regardless, some people will never learn, thinking they've got a bargain. I have seen a guy on another forum bleating that Nowak ripped him off for a 18th century Katana sword for which he was asking $400. The guy thought this was too good to be true and out of the goodness of his heart passed over $500 as he thought that otherwise HE was ripping Nowak off!! Of course, no sword, bargain or otherwise was forthcoming...Idiot.

At the end of the day, do your OWN research, read up on your subject and ask knowledgable people who are willing to help, there is no conspiracy, as some have implied, in this way of getting a genuine piece. Or carry on as you started, but sooner or later you'll get bit...

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 09-03-2011 at 04:21 PM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Seems to be lots of .................i told you so......................we've all seen it ..................the problem is........................do your research.................only got yourself to blame..................etc,etc,etc.

ALL totally missing the point ............and the truth.

Fact is, this is much bigger than the NOWAK character ,or militaria. Until society bands together and collectively and openly says ' we do not tolerate your kind' as far as the fraudsters and crooks are concerned, then the likes of NOWAK will continue in business. Take away thier ability to trade effectively and they will go out of business. Alternatively, lock them up.............there's plenty of information in writing on thier activities on the internet and email.

If the 'rabble' can successfully organise street riots, murder and mayhem, then surely the more intellectual members of our society can organise counter-measures.

I would'nt hold out for 'official Authorities' to respond appropriately. Hard work by others only seems to end up with those concerned either escaping scot-free, or being asked if they would'nt mind being good citizens in future.

We can all look back and say, well should have done more, or known better. But to be honest i'm sick of people effectively 'standing up for thieves and wrong-doers' in society and putting the 'blame', for want of a better word, on those normal, well-meaning members of the community who simply want to achieve a little enjoyment in thier lives as well as working to pay the bills.

Anyway, as i previously said and has been said by others, talking and complaining about it, then doing absolutely nothing effective to prevent it seems to be the way of things. Singularly , there is no chance of success. Collectively and in the appropriate manner, thats what will drive these vultures away. Discuss it, agree on it, act on it.

SF.

Dry your tears princess...!!! Your digressing is starting to make you look more and more like a troll, give it a rest will ya!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by nomis View Post
    Seems to be lots of .................i told you so......................we've all seen it ..................the problem is........................do your research.................only got yourself to blame..................etc,etc,etc.

ALL totally missing the point ............and the truth.

Fact is, this is much bigger than the NOWAK character ,or militaria. Until society bands together and collectively and openly says ' we do not tolerate your kind' as far as the fraudsters and crooks are concerned, then the likes of NOWAK will continue in business. Take away thier ability to trade effectively and they will go out of business. Alternatively, lock them up.............there's plenty of information in writing on thier activities on the internet and email.

If the 'rabble' can successfully organise street riots, murder and mayhem, then surely the more intellectual members of our society can organise counter-measures.

I would'nt hold out for 'official Authorities' to respond appropriately. Hard work by others only seems to end up with those concerned either escaping scot-free, or being asked if they would'nt mind being good citizens in future.

We can all look back and say, well should have done more, or known better. But to be honest i'm sick of people effectively 'standing up for thieves and wrong-doers' in society and putting the 'blame', for want of a better word, on those normal, well-meaning members of the community who simply want to achieve a little enjoyment in thier lives as well as working to pay the bills.

Anyway, as i previously said and has been said by others, talking and complaining about it, then doing absolutely nothing effective to prevent it seems to be the way of things. Singularly , there is no chance of success. Collectively and in the appropriate manner, thats what will drive these vultures away. Discuss it, agree on it, act on it.

SF.

Okaaayyyyy..........

What have you done about being ripped off? Have you reported it to the authorities? I know for sure it won't be the first time Nowak has been reported so someone, somewhere has a file and collated information about the guy, have you added your case to it?
    There has been some good discussion here and some valid points made. Everyone agrees this practice should be, needs to stopped. We all agree on that. Now, as we all agree on that, can anyone offer some decent and substantial suggestions about a course of action? It's no good sitting down and telling everyone that action needs to be taken, it's not the first time anyone has thought of it! You quite rightly say these characters who blight our hobby need to be stopped, they should be locked up, whether they sell dodgy cars, rob old ladies or con militaria collectors. You then say you don't hold out any hope the authorities will take action - so what do you want? What action would you like to see taken? What counter measures would you, anyone like to see?
    The collecting communities do what they can within their circles to drive these people away, they get banned from forums such as this, their names are broadcast far and wide on the www, they get all the adverse publicity you can dream of but no-one can stop these types, they will always be lurking and ready to pounce.
    Your last sentance above - 'Discuss it, agree on it, act on it.' We are discussing it, we seem to have been discussing it for ever, what do you want to discuss, what can you bring to the table by way of constructive comments, we're all ears (or in this case eyes). Please don't sit there banging your fist on the table and telling everyone action needs to be taken and then sitting back and letting everyone else get on with it!

As I and others have already said, as a community we can only do our best to make people aware of the Nowak parasites. If everyone who has lost money to these people will report it then perhaps, just perhaps someone will take action to stop these activities but unless the victims actually do something and not tell everyone else to do it for them, what hope is there?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Apology, been away from the computer and had'nt seen the postings.

Sarcastic comments are most helpful..........to the frausters at any rate. In fact i will lay money on the fact they are peeing themselves laughing at this thread and how it is evident there is in fact no real hunger to prevent them from operating.

I have voiced my thoughts and am not in a position to act effectively alone. There seems no desire to act together and try and improve on measures which currently allow the fraudsters to work with impunity.

I have described how i believe we need to operate, which has been rejected.....which is fine. So if everyone is happy supporting the fraudsters business by not changing things, merely discussing the current status, then that too is fine.To keep the 'status-quo' is afterall the simplest solution.

As stated, i am 'new' to this particular aspect of my hobby and also to actively participating in forums. I deliberately kept clear of forums specifically as a result of viewing different ones relating to different subjects and seeing how the 'committee syndrome' exists and how flippant, arrogant and at times abusive conversations and comments obstruct any useful action. Its almost as those those perpetrating the problems are directing a particular 'discussion' at times. Again, sat at a keyboard its amazing what can be done anonymously. Who knows.

With regard to the Authorities, my experience is very recent......and one point to this thread was to learn more of other peoples knowledge and handling of what amounts to 'international crime' before acting, as i told PN i WILL be involving them. However, as i have found in the past with other problems, acting alone is very often totally ineffective.......hence my reason for sounding out the 'will to act' of others.

Unfortunately, i am not encouraged by the discussion for the reasons already stated. Yes, i shall be getting off my arse and doing something.......details already collated. I have little faith in the response i will get , particularly in view of what i have now learnt from those who have seemingly been doing this for years.

You need to look back at my comments, i see no point in repeating them.

What would i suggest needs doing ? well, other than the comments i have already made and those which require everyone operating businesses/sites plus us the private individuals to operate together on a constantly updated, co-ordinated and well advertised basis , it is not in my power to dictate, but the present measures are not working. The Authorities seem unable/unwilling to act and operating as individuals alone is not working.
    In view of the general lack of will , i can only suggest that you/we carry on 'as usual' . It will not help seasoned ,or fresh-faced enthusiasts from meeting these fraudsters,or hamper thier businesses.
    I guess prominent displays of fraudsters are not perhaps the first thing a business wants potential customers to see, but that is part of the fraudsters success. It does seem to work for some and until we all proactively stand up for ourselves, both as individuals and members of a society things will not change.

I am sure there are individuals out there who have good ideas for resolving problems, but they need to be voiced and co-ordinated to have any chance of success.

But, i'm happy , the general consensus seems to be to leave things as they are , which is fine. As i said, i wanted some answers and i got them.

Job done. SF.

How about we hire these guys to pay Pawel a visit.....

"Ten years ago, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast