Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Pawel Nowak - How to protect yourself from the scam.

Article about: Here is what I mean by the above post... I hope that Dan doesn't mind me showing this picture that I sent to him, after picking up a Wasserkanister recently. I asked Dan to send me a random

Default Re: Pawel Nowak - How to protect yourself from the scam.

I just got this email:

"Hi Corey,

Thank you for your answer. I live in Poland (EU) now. I lived in Fayatteville for the last 2 years but I already got back home to Poland. I have an interest in WW2 history for a long time. From time to time i take my metal detector and detect places of historical interest and local battlefields. I am sending the photos of the dagger.

I am an archivist, most of my time in spend in the archives. A few years ago i made some archival research from Stetin (former german town in NW Poland). Her grandfather was a SS officer in 10th Panzer Division "Frundsberg". I made some archival research for her and got the dagger as a part of my payment.

I have other militaria, i am looking for someone i could cooperate for a long time.

Sincerely,
    Pawel
    Email: Kaspian1415@hotmail.com"

--------------------------------

My response:

"Hi Pawel,

Thanks for the email. Instead of giving you the dagger, she should have given you a swift kick in the arse.

Sincerely,
    Corey"

Just found another Pawel Craig's list scam. It is listed for Washington, D.C. He is selling a Fallschirmjager helmet and an SS helmet both for under $500. Same email address as Corey listed one post above. Claiming he used to live in DC but now lives in Poland. I am on my phone so I will post the links.

Original German WW2 Fallschirmjager M38 Helmet

Original German Waffen SS M42 Helmet

Be safe online!

Our exchange:

Hello Pawel,

I had a funny feeling it was you. Up to the usual scam I see? I hope you get hit by a bus, but that would be too easy on you. Come to the US, there are some dark alleys in some big cities I would love to drop you off in and leave your ass stranded.

Good riddance!

Silence Dogood.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 21, 2013, at 11:37 AM, "craigslist 3693280488" <9nt7v-3693280488@sale.craigslist.org> wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I live in Poland (EU) now. I lived in Washington for the last 2 years but I already got back home to Poland. I have an interest in WW2 history for a long time. From time to time i take my metal detector and detect places of historical interest and local battlefields. I am sending the photos of the helmets.

I have other militaria, i am looking for someone i could cooperate for a long time.

Sincerely,
    Pawel
    Email: Kaspian1415@hotmail.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Original craigslist post:
    Original German WW2 Fallschirmjager M38 Helmet
    About craigslist mail:
    craigslist | about > help > email-relay
    Please flag unwanted messages (spam, scam, other):
    craigslist | Flag a message
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys our good friend Pawel Nowak is arrested in Sweden. for planning an armed robbery together with some other crooks.
    Article is in Swedish.
    Nationella insatsstyrkan grep fyra för förberedelse till rån

HA!

Amazing, I am sure it is the same guy as I have seen pics of him before. This has made my day.

2012-12-15-07-32-11_pavel_nowak.jpg

ian
    ?

result , just showes , what goes around comes around , now its known where to find him , mabe more prosecutions for other crimes will folow ??
    with any luck

?

Could not have happened to a more deserving fellow in my opinion ,hopefully Interpol will act quickly and pick him up before he is released on bond and disappears to never be seen again.

Regards Mark K

If this Is Pawel....and it is a common name, remember....it will simply mean that he will be in immediate need of much more money than normal. Best keep an eye out for more trouble...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I still don't think it is one person - plus he would never share his real name and post scanned document on the net.

The scanned driving licence was on the article posted about the arrests. The pics I have seen of him were of him on a holiday or something by the sea - he often speaks of being involved in marine research so those pics were sent to back up his story no doubt. The name might be real, as he has to pick up the money he gets from people from a western union etc which requires ID.

Assuming it's him. That licence is 7 years out of date and the image is freely available by doing an internet search for 'Pawel Nowak'. Who's to say an enterprising Swedish journo did just that and came up with the picture of the driving licence used above after putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5. Remember that his name is almost as common as John Brown is over here, it could be a case of wishful thinking/poor journalism for all we know, afterall, it's happened before.

If it IS our friend, then it may be worth parties who have been ripped off by Nowak inform Swedish authorities of the many international frauds he has undertaken, or take legal advice at how they may best possibly proceed now he may be in custody. Afterall, this is the best chance you'll ever get to act unless all the previous threats of action/revenge over the years are just beer farts in the wind....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast