Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Pics from my fathers 1950's army album.

Article about: Hello chaps, I was just browsing through my late-father's army album and noticed these two interesting jackets on an officer and what I presume is a corporal or sergeant. I would have added

Default Pics from my fathers 1950's army album.

Hello chaps,

I was just browsing through my late-father's army album and noticed these two interesting jackets on an officer and what I presume is a corporal or sergeant. I would have added more from this album, there's some great pics, but I have no scanner and taking photo's of a photo is tricky! My father would have been taking these snaps himself.

He served in the Liverpool King's Regiment from 1954-57 and was based in Osnabruck in Germany in what would have been less than a decade from the end of the war. The two jackets, a Denison and (I think) one of those German camo smocks suggests that these guys may have fought in the war and then stayed on to train. Is the Denison wartime anyone?

P1020811.jpg P1020812.jpg

P1020804.jpg P1020805.jpg

Anyway just a bit of fun,

cheers Ian.

Default Re: Pics from my fathers 1950's army album.

Very cool pictures. I can't see for certain, but the Denison does look to be the half zip version and would I think be WWII and the other does look to be wearing a WWII German reverseable camo jacket.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Interesting snaps here .. I agree with Jerry on the 2 jackets..I'm not sure how he got away with wearing the German Jacket? maybe he was the CSM..But you wouldn't get away with it now days lol.. Cheers Terry.

The guy with the German smock looks like he is wearing the RE cap badge. RE do tend to get away with a bit more when it come to uniform!! The way his beret is shaped to me suggests he is armoured RE too. Just my two pence worth!