MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pink IS2 Tank in Prague.

Article about: Just spotted this Soviet IS2 tank with strange cammo being shipped into Prague, Czechoslovakia for the 20th anniversary celebrations of the countries freedom from Communism.Here's the skinny

Default Pink IS2 Tank in Prague.

Just spotted this Soviet IS2 tank with strange cammo being shipped into Prague, Czechoslovakia for the 20th anniversary celebrations of the countries freedom from Communism.Here's the skinny according to Yahoo News:

PRAGUE – A pink tank has temporarily returned to the heart of Prague to mark the 20th anniversary of the Soviet troops' withdrawal.

Tank No. 23 was originally put on display on a Prague square in 1945 to commemorate the liberation of Czechoslovakia by the Red Army after the WWII occupation by Nazi troops.

For many, it became a symbol of the 1968 Soviet-led invasion that crushed the liberal reforms of Alexander Dubcek and ended an era known as the Prague Spring.

David Cerny, a Czech visual artist painted the tank pink with friends in April 1991. The Soviet troops left by the end of June that year.

The tank was taken to Prague from a military museum Monday to be placed on a pontoon on the Vltava river to kick off commemorative events, marking the troops' withdrawal.

I sure hope that's a snorkel on the top of the turret, and not a subliminal message to Mr. Putin and co.

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default Re: Pink IS2 Tank in Prague.

In Prague, people told me that pink is for a non serious army, the Russian Army. This tank is now at the place where Russians came in 1945.

This tank, now....

Before, in the old times...

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

A very nice pink too.. Cheers Terry.

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    A very nice pink too.. Cheers Terry.
    It does jump out at you doesn't it.

?

Beautiful Tank.

I hate it when these disgusting socalled "artists" are allowed to destroy historical items.

Pink?!?!

I wouldn't say they are necessarily destroying it. First off, I'm sure any original paint was long gone and second they are adding to it's history. The history of the end of communism which I am sure there will be a page or two about in history text books for ages to come. It's just making this WWII artefact and cold war artefact as well.

"an unwished exhibit of Soviet meglomania" ...... and "a symbol of forceable history modification"

........not holding back, are they?

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

A perfect colour match for my skinny fit t shirt!....

WATCH OUT!!!!
    these "artists" have infiltrated other countries

pink%20shermanw.jpg
    pink%20pantherw.jpg
    Last edited by another ant; 08-23-2014 at 02:20 AM.
    Jedem das Seine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast