Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Piper Bill Millin.

Article about: Just been on the news, Lord Lovat's piper Bill Millin has passed away. RIP old chap. Piper Bill Millin Ned.

Default Piper Bill Millin.

Just been on the news, Lord Lovat's piper Bill Millin has passed away. RIP old chap.

Piper Bill Millin

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default Re: Piper Bill Millin.

Great link Big Ned! Amazing story for a very brave and somewhat crazy piper. I love those first person accounts, very descriptive. Lord Lovet's comment at the end of the article was rather harsh. RIP indeed Piper Millin. Thanks for the link.

Jay

Not harsh Jay, just another example of wry British humour!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Not harsh Jay, just another example of wry British humour!

Regards, Ned.

Thanks for the link Ned, another one of lifes characters gone to the recruiting grounds in the sky!
    And I agree with you about Lord Lovatt's coments being "another example of wry British humour!"

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

You guys are too funny! It sounds like Millin had alot of respect for his commander, so you guys must be right. I'm still working on understanding your fine British humour. Nonetheless, it's another sad loss of a remarkable veteran.

Take Care,
    Jay

I was lucky enough to meet Bill on several occasions and hear him play.

Very sad that another hero is gone.

RIP.

Cheers, Ade.

?

A very brave and fine veteran, RIP Piper Millin, " Did you ever hear such a bleeding racket in all your life " " Aye it takes an irishman to play the pipes" Thats wry british humour

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    A very brave and fine veteran, RIP Piper Millin, " Did you ever hear such a bleeding racket in all your life " " Aye it takes an irishman to play the pipes" Thats wry british humour

And it was said by a SCOT! (Sean Connery)

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy