Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Please help identify this WW2 knife

Article about: Hello experts, I've inherited some WW2 war souvenirs and would appreciate help identifying this knife. Thank you for your time.

Default Please help identify this WW2 knife

Hello experts,

I've inherited some WW2 war souvenirs and would appreciate help identifying this knife. Thank you for your time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Private purchase boot knife, would be my guess.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I'm inclined to think this is later than WWII - 60's.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Maybe I'm being on the pessimistic side but it looks to me like ""Made in Mexico" in English not Spanish. Ciudad Juarez in Chihuahua, or Tijuana in Baja California to the North where there is (or was) a lot of tourist trade? Best Regards, Fred

I rather doubt that the sheath goes with it either...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yep, surely a souvenir item with a dubious sheath, most likely very post-war and IMO definately not military.

Apart from that welcome to the forum and let's see the other items.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

MAP
    ?

Agree, crudely made tourist item. Not dissimilar to knives my Dad would bring me back from his travels when I was a kid.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I will send this thread off to the Discussion area....since by popular thoughts and demand says this is a non military item..and surely does not belong in this Edged Forum.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill