Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Please and thankyou

Article about: Why are these two words so hard to use for some people? If you want to ask a question, try using "please" and if you receive an answer, try writing "thankyou", its not th

Default Re: Please and thankyou

It is more the manner in which some of these questions are asked that has annoyed me, "is it original? What's it worth?" That sort of thing, I understand that English is not the first language of many visitors here and that to some extent may explain a part of this but, there are many here that do not have this abrupt, rude sort of approach that also do not have English as their first language. It is just the general attitude shown by some people that come on here and think that they can almost demand an answer without the least bit of common courtesy - most of them contribute nothing to the forum in the way of a financial contribution, they just think they deserve to be served. All I'm saying is, ask politely and thank appropriately, simple as that. I've been here for roughly 3 odd years and I still ask plenty of questions, but I say please and thanks, my mother would expect nothing less of me!

So true Dave I think they sometimes forget this Forum isn't our job!!!!!!we give up our free time to give and recieve help and advice,im a lot like you in this train of thought cheers......Jake.

I agree it is frustrating when you give help out to someone with questions and they never respond back, but the way I see it perhaps identifying a bad item or providing information might help out other members here that participate and contribute.

?

Please say "please" and "thank you". Thank you.

Regarding "Is it real/what's it worth" threads I have saved the following for quick copy and pasting;

No / nothing.

But that might seem impolite.

;-)

?

"It is just the general attitude shown by some people that come on here and think that they can almost demand an answer without the least bit of common courtesy"

I think you hit the nail on the head there mate.

Andy

?

Well said, OP.
    Im a member of a forum, where another member are currently starting threads with " XX - where can I get it?" and nothing more.
    Guy must be asocial or something. Other forum members supply plenty of info, but the OP never writes another post in the thread and gives no clue as whether or not he ever visits the thread nor does he in any way acknowledge the help/info, that he gets.
    Drives forum members up the wall.

?

Also worth bearing in mind is that many of us here have spent no small amount of time and money on our hobby so knowledge can be passed on to new collectors.
    No-one here minds doing it to those who appreciate it but please don't think you can rock up and expect an answer given to you on a plate and you not make any effort to find out first.
    It doesn't matter if you're wrong, that's how we learn but it does matter if you're lazy and ungrateful.

Please people, this is one of the most friendly places to discuss your hobby and find out answers, let's keep it that way and show some respect and courtesy to those who are taking the trouble to help you.

There is no obligation on their part after all.......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

What another wingeing digger[but you are right mate]lol.

?

I'm of a "certain age and upbringing" where it was expected that you said "please" and "thank you" and if I didn't, and my parents/grandparents got wind of it, I got a clip round the ear!
    As my parents used to say, "You were brought up, not dragged up!"
    As an aside, we operated the same "system" with our sons, who "lost out" on things if they weren't polite and they are carrying it on with their children.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Quote by jimpy View Post
    I'm of a "certain age and upbringing" where it was expected that you said "please" and "thank you" and if I didn't, and my parents/grandparents got wind of it, I got a clip round the ear!
    As my parents used to say, "You were brought up, not dragged up!"
    As an aside, we operated the same "system" with our sons, who "lost out" on things if they weren't polite and they are carrying it on with their children.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Amen.

My daughter can testify all too well to that!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast