Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Please and thankyou

Article about: Why are these two words so hard to use for some people? If you want to ask a question, try using "please" and if you receive an answer, try writing "thankyou", its not th

Default Re: Please and thankyou

I agree fully with this and there are a few members on here who do this on a regular basis when they have been helped, though I noticed recently that one of them did thank people for their help, so maybe there is hope. There is one repeat offender of the is it real what is worth? whose posts I now longer respond to, which is a shame because I like to help if I can.

The problem with this type of thread is that it tends not to get read by those guilty of such actions, but I live in hope.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi, As the saying goes, "Manners maketh the man". Perhaps a few more men might help? Well said that man! Rgards and thanks Michael R.

I'm a thanker

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    I'm a thanker
    That's an awful lisp you've got there!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    That's an awful lithp you've got there!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I agree with Adrian if some basic ground work has been undertaken first and still the member ends up with unsatisfactory conclusion then fair enough come here and ask but really some of the questions that get fired off really begs the question whether there in the right hobbie,that or a large dose of lazyitis.......Jake.

2 words for 2 words............."Please" and "Thankyou"......builds......"Character and "Integrity"

Without these attributes you amass nothing for oneself in life,,and live for the short term gain.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I think we can generally cull the "is it real, what's it worth" crowd pretty quickly. Either they realise a beginner error and shape up or they slink off into the ether never to be heard from again.

My favourites are the guys who take offense when their prized ebay purchase is revealed as junk. The ultimate recently was the character who declared he knew all there was to know about SS buckles and daggers yet still wanted to ask basic questions on the topic and THEN argue with the experts over the answers received.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I think we can generally cull the "is it real, what's it worth" crowd pretty quickly. Either they realise a beginner error and shape up or they slink off into the ether never to be heard from again.

My favourites are the guys who take offense when their prized ebay purchase is revealed as junk. The ultimate recently was the character who declared he knew all there was to know about SS buckles and daggers yet still wanted to ask basic questions on the topic and THEN argue with the experts over the answers received.
    If we are thinking about the same thread, IMO Ben's replies to the person is a credit to this forum.
    Some mods would have kicked his posterior without being the least bit patient and without taking the insults in their stride.
    The person certainly got more than a fair chance, before he was banned, in view of his rambling and quite frankly insulting posts.
    To volounteer for being a mod out of an obvious interest in history is one thing, but I bet most didnt sign up as mods in order to deal with what could easily be mistaken for persons with 'special needs.'
    There usually is a very good atmosphere here - I for one hope it stays that way.

Thank you!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast