Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Please and thankyou

Article about: Why are these two words so hard to use for some people? If you want to ask a question, try using "please" and if you receive an answer, try writing "thankyou", its not th

Default Please and thankyou

Why are these two words so hard to use for some people? If you want to ask a question, try using "please" and if you receive an answer, try writing "thankyou", its not that hard. I'm a bloody Aussie and I can manage it!

Default Re: Please and thankyou

Wellbloodysaid Bruce!....

Several have raised that question before, and I´m sure that many will in the future. But I´m with you, Dave
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 02-16-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Typo.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Why are these two words so hard to use for some people? If you want to ask a question, try using "please" and if you receive an answer, try writing "thankyou", its not that hard. I'm a bloody Aussie and I can manage it!
    Well said that man! While we're at it, how about trying a forum search for 'gen on things that information/authenticity is required on rather than flooding the place with "Is it real" threads. It's very simple and if further questions/queries arise, then ask the members for their comments. The number of lazy posts are killing this place slowly....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Cheers Gunny! I just cringe when I read things like "is it real? What's it worth?" Etc.... Instead of " please can someone help me....etc... And " thanks for your help fellas etc... I just think its rude. I have no problem asking for advice or help here but I'd like to think that I do so in a civilised way and certainly thank anyone who responds to my question. A nice thankyou might be to become a gold club member to help keep the the forum running but it often seems that that doesn't happen.

Politeness costs nothing mate, thanks for posting!..

I guess it all comes down to character and proper manners/lack thereof... What some people seemingly fail to realize is that a certain level of social etiquette is also applicable and somewhat called for when interacting online, just like it is in the real world.

Well said Davethere are a lot of newbies of late that woke up one morning and decided to do collecting but dont actually know anything so lets post away on the WRF thats less time consuming than doing any research for themselves,oh and can't be arsed i mean asked.......Jake.

Your quiet right of course, politeness is essential. However, I have been lucky and my experiences have been very positive on this forum. When I have answered questions I have almost always had a grateful response, so there are many polite people as well as rude ones.

Sorry to use the old phrase....
    " manners are free and cost you nothing"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast