Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

A poem for the poppy abusers:

Article about: Always one for a bit of controversy, this one was sent to my phone from a good friend of mine, Mark. I thought i share it with you............ This land was built from blood and tears. The s

Default Re: A poem for the poppy abusers:

Quote by big ned View Post
    I certainly hope that I am not being considered one of the members who has "slagged off" this country of ours of which I am extremely proud to be a subject of. If anyone of you thinks that my posting of the Parody of Kipling's poem is meant as a slight, then I suggest you enlighten yourselves to his original version which is written with the same sentiments, only a hundred years ago, the soldiers thoughts and feelings have changed little in those years passed.

As for those of you who whinge that Great Britain is 'broken' and you want out, then bloody well go, don't make excuses regarding family and such, just shut up if you can't live up to your perceived convictions.

I have lived and worked in Africa and the States and have seen the good and bad in both those continents, but I choose to live here. Many years ago, when I was doing a HNC in engineering, my head of faculty was an elderly German chap named Gerald Cordbrunning who was captured on Guernsey at the end of the war and sent back here as a POW. On his release, he married a local girl, he never returned home to his family as they were now in Eastern Germany, so settled here into a career in industry. One day we were gently teasing him about Germany and the war, as young lads do. He turned round to us and said " You don't know how lucky you lot are, you have been born and live in the best country in the world..." That has always stuck with me.

So, for you that have had enough, make the effort to attain your dreams, don't just moan and do nothing, or make excuses. Personally I don't give a f***-a-doodle-doo what you choose, just put up or shut up with your inane bleatings, it's embarrassing to read and has no place here.

Ned.
    If only it was that easy Ned! I have had three interviews to live and work abroad, I have learned two languages, my family are ready to go but it is difficult. I just need to keep hoping before I get too old

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The top left hand corner of my countries flag says how I feel about the UK. I'm very proud to be associated.

I`m getting old now but I intend to leave a request in my will. I want to be cremated with a sackfull of korans.

Quote by rolandm View Post
    I`m getting old now but I intend to leave a request in my will. I want to be cremated with a sackfull of korans.
    In my eyes that would simply make you as bad as those who have been burning the poppies, it wouldnt prove anything at all.

Lets not let this get into a debate over the people that are abusing the poppy, just remember those who have given everything for us to live the lifes we do.

Thanks

Danny

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567