Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

A poem for the poppy abusers:

Article about: Always one for a bit of controversy, this one was sent to my phone from a good friend of mine, Mark. I thought i share it with you............ This land was built from blood and tears. The s

Default A poem for the poppy abusers:

Always one for a bit of controversy, this one was sent to my phone from a good friend of mine, Mark. I thought i share it with you............

This land was built from blood and tears.
    The sacrifice of 2000 years.
    The Romans came, the Vikings too.
    So why would we be afraid of you?
    But mark my words and mark them well.
    It was 1066 since we last fell.
    When it comes to a fight, we hate to lose.
    So respect our dead, or leave, you choose!

Default Re: A poem for the poppy abusers:

good one John

Spot on Johnny boy

I like it

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

John, that is something that deserves wider coverage. Well done for sharing it here on the forum. The "people", and I use the term VERY loosely, who fail to respect the fallen, are nothing but ignorant unappreciative scum who are not fit to walk the Earth whose soil was stained by the blood of those brave men and women who sacrificed so much.

Regards,

Carl

?

How true, Friday last there was a Poppy seller in Town and two young yobbos tried to snatch his collection box, another two lads leapt in and beat the holy crap out of them, they werent from this country, but the two lads who beat them up looked like yobs as well but the big difference was they both had relatives in the Army out in Afghanistan, im not sure if the police were called but i know an ambulance was, needless to say the two good samaritans didnt hang about, neither did the poppy seller, I would call that justifiable ABH and a lesson well learnt, well done you two whoever you are

?

I wholeheartedly agree Dave. Justice was served, nice and cold in a manner that they will recognise.

Quote by davejb View Post
    How true, Friday last there was a Poppy seller in Town and two young yobbos tried to snatch his collection box, another two lads leapt in and beat the holy crap out of them, they werent from this country, but the two lads who beat them up looked like yobs as well but the big difference was they both had relatives in the Army out in Afghanistan, im not sure if the police were called but i know an ambulance was, needless to say the two good samaritans didnt hang about, neither did the poppy seller, I would call that justifiable ABH and a lesson well learnt, well done you two whoever you are
    Sometimes I wonder why I left the UK for a better country, and then I read things like this and I remember. What happened to 'Great' Britain?

Makes me very sad...

Rob

[QUOTE=Battery Command Post;405340]Sometimes I wonder why I left the UK for a better country, and then I read things like this and I remember. What happened to 'Great' Britain?

Makes me very sad...

We have a big population of expat Brits here who tell me the same thing, it is a real shame. It is the 11th here this morning. Lest we forget.

damn good poem john its really good and does deserve to be displayed to the world
    dave good justice
    rob im with you there the uk is going down hill anyone else heard about the hms belfast not being on the 2012 olypics photos/videos it was edited out (its a crying shame)

tom

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast