Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

post WWII wars sections?

Article about: I seem to remember there was a discussion about creating some sections for wars that came after WWII, Vietnam, the Falklands Korea the middle East wars etc.... I cant find it but I wonder if

Default post WWII wars sections?

I seem to remember there was a discussion about creating some sections for wars that came after WWII, Vietnam, the Falklands Korea the middle East wars etc....

I cant find it but I wonder if there was any news on this?

Whilst I still collect items from both world wars, I like many members here, collect items from these newer wars and at the present, apart from world items (such as helmets) there is nowhere for soft headgear for instance or uniforms to be posted.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Agreed, we need another section please.

Maybe rather than a separate section for each individual conflict, perhaps a single 'Post-WWII' section would be in order. Keeps the forum relatively tidy, and still allows the relevant items to be posted and located somewhat easily.

Regards, B.B.

CBH
    ?

I like the idea, this is an area of increased interest in this hobby, with prices for TR getting rather high.
    It is a great area to start a collection, without so many pitfalls, but still it's fair share of fakes.

I notice that so far only one mod, the ever present and hardworking Ralph, has read this thread so unlikely to get much action taken anytime soon.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I notice that so far only one mod, the ever present and hardworking Ralph, has read this thread so unlikely to get much action taken anytime soon.
    Let's start making some noise then!!!!! Viva la Revolucion!!!!!!

Just kidding of course.

Although I have little interest in this area, I actually think it is a great idea for all the reasons above as well others discussed in other conversations. Also, if successful, it will bring in new paying members to help maintain the forum.

It might need a new Mod to run however...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

'Post WWII' would be great, it can be split up over time as the topics accumulate.

It's also relevant to the 'Young blood' thread, the subject will grow in interest and it's more affordable. There has been a steady increase in Cold War items being shown.

The idea sounds good. Although we will have to think about how to classify so many armed conflicts. And be prepared because if the Portuguese members start talking about their colonial wars, many people will discover a lot of incredible things that will look like Vietnam War, but actually, this things are far away from places in Africa.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Thanks Jerry.
    I'll see if I can help out.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

And lets not forget Suez, Borneo, Malaya, Aden, Northern Ireland... and others. We never get a mention on Remembrance Sunday as it is. As for Northern Ireland, it is the only recent conflict without it's own campaign medal.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast