Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Post your best of 2013

Article about: by document Attachment 611445Attachment 611446Attachment 611445 Hi, I eventually found my copy of "Counterfeiting the Holocaust" which I mentioned earlier and this is the relevant

?

Quote by document View Post
    The bar above the triangle indicates that the convict(ed criminal) has escaped or has been transferred. Stamps needed to confirm that (so I've been told). I am also curious what an expert-expert thinks of this, but it was a gift from a woman that got it directly from the source, and kept it ever since. I have zero reason to doubt the origin(ality ...)
    So they stamped it with an armament acceptance stamp? Escaped KL prisoners would typically face death not get a special stamp on a triangle badge like it was an achievement, or so I would think.

As for the woman's story, buy the item not the story. (Caveat Emptor)

I have reason to doubt it's authenticity and I am not the guy who paid for it. I'd run this by KL experts like Carl. You want your best of 2013 to be real, not real bad.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I did acquire a super double decal SS transitional early on in 2013 (and had to include a few pictures of it here), but the best score of the year, thanks to Chris, was the commercial no decal SS M18 stamped to the Sachenhausen Concentration Camp. It was a SSuper year (to plagiarize Doug's signature style)! Cheers, Jim G.
    Good stuff Jim.
    chris

If an Apple iPhone was a motorcycle it would be a Zündapp K800 !!

Screen Shot 2013-12-16 at 15.53.01.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-12-16 at 15.53.43.jpg

This one was sold at Bonhams auction house.
    Bonhams : 1937 Zündapp K800 Four Frame no. 193474 Engine no. 193474
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Patrick, I really enjoy watching the growth of your involvement in the hobby and the diverse areas of your interest. Keep it up! Best regards, Jim G.
    Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I agree. You've come a long way my young friend.
    Thanks

My best item this year would have to be this document and medals group to Aleksandr Sergeevich Yashkov.
    Attached Images Attached Images

lovely items guys,

my best item has to be this BDM Ringfuhrerin breast eagle for the summer dress!
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

So I'm going to chime with my find.. I don't like to boast, not that anyone else here is but I'm so new to the forum I can't help but feel that way, my first post to this board turned out to be one heck of a ride and I feel the community should get a chance to see such a rare piece of history..

I have to say being a collector of anything historic I didn't know much of anything about war helmets like these when I found this. All I knew is there were multiple forms of value in an authentic piece like this but didn't know it's extreme rarity. I give great thanks to the community especially Doug (I wouldn't be the owner without his help) for being nothing but helpful, knowledgeable and welcoming. This example goes to show you what is still out there and how a community like this can help someone like me in acquiring such a piece. I have done my homework and completely respect this acquisition.

So enough of the soft stuff. I found this helmet in a antique/2nd hand shop I visit from time to time in central N.C. the owner acquires antiques from local estate sales. I go in often enough to know this helmet landed on the shelf 5 days ago fresh from an estate. That day I noticed it, looked it over and went home. The next day I went back and wanted to purchase it but was not going to spend the asking price without getting some help in authentication. I took pictures, posted the thread here and well the rest is now history.

Original post:
    Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet

Dan

DSC01925.jpgDSC01924.jpgDSC01929.jpgDSC01926.jpgDSC01927.jpgDSC01901.jpgDSC01902.jpgDSC01921.jpgDSC01916.jpg

Red face

Not my most significant purchase of the year ( and certainly not in the same league as other members' superb acqusitions) but when I think of 2013 I'll think of my 7.5cm shell canister from Ciney...

Ciney13 079.jpg

I like the colour, condition, stencils and price - and to me it's a nice memento of a great weekend in the Ardennes !

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I'm guessing from the multiple items some people have posted, "best" is not being defined as a singular item?
    When I first noticed this thread I did not respond as I was struggling to pick just one item.

I still have to decide on only one item from this years pick ups.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Cecil isn't my favourite item! But the most pleasing as some of his kit used to be mine back in 80's..& it was fun dressing him "not"..I think he makes a statement.. Cheers Terry. Cecil (11).jpgCecil.jpgCecil (4).jpgCecil (5).jpg

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast