Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Post your Buttons of Interest here!!

Article about: Harry is right. The "P" buttons come from the US from Police uniforms and are still being used today!

Default re: Post your Buttons of Interest here!!

It is Henri Morton Stanley all right!
    He was the man who inspired my father for a over sea carreer, a very mythical figure for me when I was a child.
    First confrontation with history I had in my live was when visiting the stone where Stanley and Livingstone met in the middle of nowhere.
    The pink stripe is to show I payed my forum contribution without having to loose my "lifetime member" status! ;-)
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I just read about Stanley even though he did some questionable things... he is an interesting character. That is awesome that you know about history's impact on your relatives.

My Great grandfather joined the US Army Air corp in 1931 because he was inspired by Charles Lindbergh and my Fiances Great Grandfather passed up an opportunity to fly with him pre trans Atlantic flight (He was a pilot trainer for the army air service during WWI) He then joined his fathers company as an inventor.
    I think it is cool how historical figures were idolized in the past now stupid "Stars" are with absolutely no personal achievement.

Sorry I am completely off topic Mark

Here is the final solution I got to in order to store and classifie my buttons.
    Old small letter cabinets from printing shops.Stripped and sanded.
    Each section is provided with a little MDF block, drilled with a hole in order to keep a button.
    Just need to find nice handles for the drawers.
    ....I might use buttons for hardware....
    Attached Images Attached Images

cheers
    |<ris

Do you and Mark have an US Army WWI button?

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    I just read about Stanley even though he did some questionable things...

... he was inspired by Charles Lindbergh and my Fiances Great Grandfather ...........
    Sorry I am completely off topic Mark
    Still of topic...
    Well...we are all human...some times people do things they might regret one time.I am speaking for Stanley and Lindbergh! Nobody is perfect.
    Charles Lindbergh might be seen as having a "questionable" behavor as well .
    Everything has his flip side.
    One should be able to see it in the time spirit. Not saying by thise they where right by acting the way they did!!
    cheers
    |<ris

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    Do you and Mark have an US Army WWI button?
    I don't have that much American buttons.No WWI army buttons that is for sure.
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

Is there anyway to ship one of these to Belgium and one to Canada that does not cost a decent amount? If not they are yours if any of you ever stop by the US lol

13 - 1.jpg

If you send both to Canada, i 'll pay for it and I will get mine when Mark sends me the LARGE (lol!!) parcel!
    Much appreciate your gift!!
    cheers
    |<ris

cheers
    |<ris

No problem, they would look better in your gents button collections than possibly getting lost since I plan on moving 2-3 more times in the next year...

?

Default Buttons for Stuka F

Quote by stuka f View Post
    No hurry Mark!
    Still don't know what I can get you?
    cheers
    |<
    Good morning Kris I figure we could work out a straight even trade
    If you have any doubles of buttons I have very few European ones in my collection or you could trim some photos up for me (I will hold off on the parcel Kris till Ben's arrive here that will give me a little time to dig you out a few more )
    Thanks very much for the offer Ben PM sent and in return I will mail you a couple of items to add to your collection that way we can go full circle.
    I would like to change the thread title to (Post your Buttons of interest here!!! ) so if any one else has any buttons they would like to contribute please feel free I will dig out some more tonight after work to add to the thread.

Regards Mark K

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast