Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Prices in 1970's

Article about: I always here about how cheap all the WWII German stuff was back in the day (1960s - 1970's). It was before my time and I am just curious about what type of prices you lifelong collectors we

Default Prices in 1970's

I always here about how cheap all the WWII German stuff was back in the day (1960s - 1970's). It was before my time and I am just curious about what type of prices you lifelong collectors were seeing things at back then?

Single decal Wehrmacht helmet?
    EK1?
    SS armband?
    Panzer medal?
    SS dagger?
    SS cuff titles?

I know each of these items has quite a range depending on different numerous factors, but just a ballpark would be interesting.

Thanks for everything you do.

Nick

?

Everything may have been cheaper but with the absence of the internet people would have been buying a lot more fake stuff. At least, the ones that were less experienced ofcourse.

Anyway, I don't claim to know anything about the 70's as I wasn't alive. Although do keep in mind that you could buy a lot more with a dollar back then than you can now.

Regards,
    Bas

Quote by nbushyager View Post
    I always here about how cheap all the WWII German stuff was back in the day (1960s - 1970's). It was before my time and I am just curious about what type of prices you lifelong collectors were seeing things at back then?

Single decal Wehrmacht helmet?
    EK1?
    SS armband?
    Panzer medal?
    SS dagger?
    SS cuff titles?

I know each of these items has quite a range depending on different numerous factors, but just a ballpark would be interesting.

Thanks for everything you do.

Nick
    At the time, incomes were much lower and there were fewer seekers. Prices fluctuated by year. This will be some general prices
    Single decal Wehrmacht helmet? $25.00
    EK1? $25.00 cased with original cardboard box
    SS armband? $15.00
    Panzer medal? $10.00
    SS dagger? $75.00 for a model 33, $125.00 for a model 1936
    SS cuff titles? $35.00 and up based on the cuff title
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

As a kid in the 70's I remember begging my dad to buy me a SS dagger at a gun show for $50 and he wouldn't do it .

Thanks for your responses Bob and RH1941. Even taking inflation into account, the prices have skyrocketed. Do you believe that is due to movies/TV shows concerning WWII or some other factors?

Thanks,
    Nick

Quote by nbushyager View Post
    Thanks for your responses Bob and RH1941. Even taking inflation into account, the prices have skyrocketed. Do you believe that is due to movies/TV shows concerning WWII or some other factors?

Thanks,
    Nick
    The internet has made both the good and the bad available to anyone.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

CBH
    ?

I got an Artillery NCO Visor Cap in the early 80's for 125/150$ , and I still have it .

I believe the TR will always fascinate people , the fact they nazified the whole country and put everyone in uniform .

I like to think of my collection as the emblems of defeated Fascists , these things once held authority and fear .

Now they sit in a box for my pleasure , powerless . Trinkets of a Dead Dictator , who's stupidity cost the lives of millions .

Simply relics of a terrible time in history , one that shouldn't be forgotten , glossed over or revised .

Nazi equals Evil , it's that simple , if you believe otherwise your an Idiot .

This hobby does attract more then it's far share nut jobs , who pine for the Glory Days of the TR .

These revisionists try to white wash the past , but the Blood will always soak through in the end .

Best of Luck in all your collecting .

I the early 70s I was buying bayonets for $10 - $12. In 1973 I bought my first
    British Commando dagger for $14.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Yes, prices were indeed much lower in the 1970's , but that applied to almost everything, and is, of course, relative.
    I bought a new 1975 Corvette for about $8,000 back in the day, a new one today is roughly $65,000 and up, to over $100,000, depending upon model & options.

BobS

Quote by BobS View Post
    Yes, prices were indeed much lower in the 1970's , but that applied to almost everything, and is, of course, relative.
    So very true. In 1975 I was working full time as a mechanic at a
    Pontiac dealership for $2.57 an hour. My rent on my apartment was
    $90 a month.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast