Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A purely hypothetical question

Article about: If I was planning to buy a badge or a clasp from a prominent European seller, owned by a person with initials MF, would that be a good idea? Would the odds of getting an authentic piece be g

Default A purely hypothetical question

If I was planning to buy a badge or a clasp from a prominent European seller, owned by a person with initials MF, would that be a good idea? Would the odds of getting an authentic piece be good or bad?

This is a purely hypothetical question, of course.

?

Default Re: A purely hypothetical question

MF?

Adrian, yea those are actually his initials. As I was typing them in I realized it would look curious. OK, for a little more detail, again totally hypothetically. What if this seller was British?

?

Ok, I've got it now! If you know what your looking for and can tell the difference between good form bad there shouldn't be a problem.........
    I have no idea what his returns policy is or his customer service.......

Malcolm Fisher, of Regimentals.

?

Yep! I've never bought from them. There are mixed views and I can't say if they're right or wrong. I have the website saved in my favourites and check it out from time to time. They seem to be a bit on the pricey side compared to others which is why I haven't had any dealings with them.
    Maybe someone who has can share their experience here.
    The photos are quite small so I would encourage you to ask for better ones and post them here for peace of mind. If you don't have any joy there are always other dealers who want your money!

I bought a EK spange from them, they sent detailed photos and it passed muster with experts on different forums.
    That said he does have fakes, so as long as you get items check out thoroughly you should be ok. Some items are way over priced, some are ok

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

A friend of mine bought a minty Kreigsmarine helmet from them a few of years back for 700GBP. However, sometime later he posted detailed photo's to an 'extremely noted' collector and dealer in the States who told him that regretfully, it was bogus.

My friend returned it to 'Regimentals' for his own reasons saying nothing of what he had been informed regarding the helmet. He told them that he no longer wished to collect Third Reich memerobilia. They paid him 600GBP for it.

Since then he has learned much more, and gone on to buy many superb helmets, some at eye watering prices, but he always takes the advice of senior collectors in this field, before any purchase.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Back in the late 70'ties he fooled me with a pretty expensive helmet, I was a rather regular client at that time.
    He stopped by in Antwerp and visited me on his trips to and back from Germany.
    Never ever did buy from him again, .....but it didn't harm him!!! ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

It was thise type of helmet he fooled me with, don't know if he will remember, but I didn't forget.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast