MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Putting together SS uniform

Article about: A recent project I'm going to start doing is putting together a SS uniform just for display, I need to get everything boots, tunic, pants, insignia, camo smock, field gear etc. I don't have

Default Putting together SS uniform

A recent project I'm going to start doing is putting together a SS uniform just for display, I need to get everything boots, tunic, pants, insignia, camo smock, field gear etc. I don't have money to buy everything original so I'll need to buy some things reproduction so maybe some of you guys know where to buy good repro things? Because I want to make this uniform accurate and good looking as possible. I don't know much about uniforms and I'm still learning so maybe someone could tell me what style boots they mostly wore in the field? Style tunic and pants? And I know there's different style smocks through the war but any help is appreciated. I'm going to buy as much original gear as I can but need help to where I can get actual good reproduction pieces that don't look like complete garbage and maybe fill me in on some things I need to put a good one together.image.jpg

Since you are in Canada, I would recommend using Hessen Antique. If you are willing to buy overseas, try Historybunker. I think those two shops are the most reliable and offer great quality products. I think other more experienced members here can give you details on what to buy and how exactly they should look. Historybunker actually sells full uniform sets and offers their customers guidance to accurate uniforms. However, remember that there was a ton of variety and often soldiers had to use what they could get.
    Last edited by Blitzvogel; 11-06-2015 at 02:44 PM.

I do not want to sound a negative note, but this part of the site is really devoted to authentic SS uniforms. I have no idea where one buys a reproduction. The moderators can perhaps help with the challenge here. This kind of thing comes up each month, and it likely needs to go to a place where the traffic best addresses this specific need.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The moderators can perhaps help with the challenge here. This kind of thing comes up each month, and it likely needs to go to a place where the traffic best addresses this specific need.
    Done.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

One thing about repro items is that they become worthless when you want to sell them but are expensive to buy. Better save money and buy low end original pieces - you will be happier at the end.
    Facebook reenactor groups are full of items for sale for very little money. All the best !

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    One thing about repro items is that they become worthless when you want to sell them but are expensive to buy.
    I don't think this is true. Majority of re-enactors out the use repro gear and I myself have managed to re-sell my old repro items, usually at the same price I bought them. There is a lot of demand, some people even buy repros for display purposes because they find German militaria very well designed.

Quote by Blitzvogel View Post
    I don't think this is true. Majority of re-enactors out the use repro gear and I myself have managed to re-sell my old repro items, usually at the same price I bought them. There is a lot of demand, some people even buy repros for display purposes because they find German militaria very well designed.
    Check out the Facebook groups - with the Chinese/Indian made repro pieces the prices went down. I agree that quality reproduction kind of hold their value but still in the long run you better of saving and buying an original piece. The difference could be North America vs. Europe as well.

Thanks for all the feed back i'll check out some more places and as you guys said the facebook site, im buying as much original things for it as possible like all original field gear and insignia mostly its just the tunic and smock itself I cant and probably never will be able to afford because their in the thousands so like I said most of the uniform is going to be original.

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Thanks for all the feed back i'll check out some more places and as you guys said the facebook site, im buying as much original things for it as possible like all original field gear and insignia mostly its just the tunic and smock itself I cant and probably never will be able to afford because their in the thousands so like I said most of the uniform is going to be original.
    No problem! A few hints though, avoid Chinese dealers. They are notorious con-artists and make low-quality cheap gear for the most part. WW2sale is a site you want to stay out of, I've heard a lot of bad things about them...also, when buying original items, I highly recommend posting pictures of them here in Warrelics forum and let the members evaluate them before purchase. This can be a real money saver.

Whatever you create, please do not refer to it as a "SS uniform,"as it is not and never will be.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast