Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question about WW1 French Money

Article about: Well as a rule I usually do not ask others to help me find items, however this is kind of special. I have been asked by 2 different Groups to assist them for their 100 Anny of the First Worl

?

Default Question about WW1 French Money

Well as a rule I usually do not ask others to help me find items, however this is kind of special.
    I have been asked by 2 different Groups to assist them for their 100 Anny of the First World War, one is a well know Historical Society in Ontario, and their 100th is 1915 for their displays, the other Is the Canadian Forces Base Borden Museum and their anny is 1916.
    So they are both a year apart, after talking to the people that run both of these places, I was asked if I might lend some of my personal collection for their displays...well I believe in Sharing history and helping teach others.
    As they are a year apart, and both were CEF training areas, I said I would. My 1915 dated Canadain Army Bell tent will be on display for the first time!!!...anyway, I am on a tangent again

As each have their own ideas about displays..and to me they are rather flat, I suggested that perhaps we should show some of the "other" side of that history..I did not mention my WW1 Dug up Alum Condom container..found with others just behind and old WW1 Training area, however I think showing my WW1 Canadian Crown and Anchor game would be good, I have posted the game here and if you read the thread, you can see it is well used and complete.... except for WW1 French Currency

Now I know nothing about money ( old or new... just ask the GF!!!)
    However I was thinking perhaps those of you "over the pond" might be far more able to find it.
    I was hoping to find a few notes that are worn, and perhaps, some members here could help me, I will buy or trade for them.
    Condition would not be an issue

I know we have a wanted section here, however as this is kind of out of the Military thing, I was hoping that someone might read this and be able to help..I would take a couple of notes up to several, depending on the price..and I have no idea about them.. as to cost
    We are all Collectors here..I thought this best...all I have found on the internet seems to be in good shape, and buyng one here and one there..well you know what I mean.

I hope I do not cross any forum guidelines, with this request, as I said, I thought this the best way to get the message out

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Far too much, I just need common used notes. Just trying to make this possible display look better.
    I have contacted several Coin and money dealer in a large area around me..no one has what I would like, as over here they are not collectable.

DEan O