Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

A question for collectors.

Article about: Hello Guys and Gals, Here is the question that I have been thinking of. If one item in your collection could talk, it doesn't matter what, whether it is a bullet casing or a Me-262, what wou

?

Since we can post a couple of items from are collection this particular Canadian Mk II has near driven me to a few times it is by far one of the oddest camo patterns I have ever seen and I have as of yet found no other period example and or period images to compare it to would love to know were it has been and who it served with.

Regards Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

To me,it looks like something to be used on a training exercise,to differentiate between attackers and defenders,,but I have been wrong lottsa times before.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Interesting thought Pete and not one I had even considered yet the closest camo pattern I have been able to find to compare it to is an early Swiss winter diffused pattern they used on there helmets.

Regards Mark

Mark, what Pete said about the helmet sounds like a logical guess because I wouldn't want to waltz into battle with that paint job. You will stick out like a sore thumb.

?

Hi Lockley I am not convinced it was used for the purpose of training and IMO dependant on terrain and conditions this could be a very effective camo here are some images of a Swiss M/18 which has been painted with a very similar pattern.
    You can enlarge the image for a more detailed look this particular helmet is for sale on the Collectors Guild.

Regards Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zamorra
    ?

Hi,

As a IT guy my special item in my collection is a M1 Carbine made by IBM.

Ed

Ed, do you mean computer IBM? If so, that sounds like your sitting on a gold mine. You should post a pic of it. Does anyone here have a STG-44 or a BAR?

?

Quote by Lockley16 View Post
    Ed, do you mean computer IBM? If so, that sounds like your sitting on a gold mine. You should post a pic of it. Does anyone here have a STG-44 or a BAR?
    I have an STG 44. (Deactivated). It can be seen in my collection thread "The German War Room".

?

Mine would be my very salty infantry officer cap. Nothing "rare" in terms of branch. But it saw a lot of use and the owner certainly enjoyed it. It was bought in Magdeberg but made by Clemens Wagner.

It's sun faded, the sweatband is dark with sweat stains and you can make out where the soldier kept putting his thumb on the visor to take it off. It even has the soldier initials under the sweatband.

I like to think of some officer standing looking out over the trench with the hot Russian sun baking down on his head. Wearing this cap.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Doug, your STG. First, what a shamethat it has been deactivated. Second, are the cuts small enough the receiver, with a little work, can be reactivate or is it huge blowtorch cuts? I'm just curious but check how much it will cost to do that work, it can be done. That will bring the value of it from like $2-5,000 USD maybe to the $20,000 range. I'm not an expert on STG's.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast