Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

R.I.P Neil Armstrong

Article about: R.I.P. Neil Armstrong.

?

Default Re: R.I.P Neil Armstrong

I can still remember sitting in my junior school library watching him land on the moon , still one of the most awe inspiring things i have seen , RIP !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Truly a great revolutionary man. RIP

Wow, what a shame. I remember as a very young kid watching him land on the moon all those years ago. R.I.P.

Mr. Neil Armstrong thank you for taking mankind to the next frontier! You are a true hero of all men!

A fine tribute to NASA by arguably the greatest band ever. Rush - Countdown - YouTube

Gents, on the bright side, Neil Armstrong lived longer than any other 82 year old man his exact same age. Due to his space travel, he time warped into the future and lived a fraction of a second longer than any other man his exact same age. I saw this on a BBC documentary some years ago.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

R.I.P Neil Armstrong... One of the most important men of the 20th century.. You will always be remembered for you impact on the modern world...
    Ryan

R.I.P Neil

A legend lost for sure.
    These guys were the bravest of the brave IMO.
    Good luck Mr Brezosky.

A great hero of all mankind...R.I.P Mr Armstrong...

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Wow, what a shame. I remember as a very young kid watching him land on the moon all those years ago. R.I.P.
    Same thing here!
    We were on a holliday at the Belgian sea side, and my parents took me in to a pub to watch it on the tele!
    Being in the pub was as thrilling for me as what was happening on that tele!
    That is because I spent all my youth in Afrika! No pub's, no tele,no walks on the moon....(it was heaven !);-)!
    Also remember getting all sorts of toy's regarding that event. Revell had the rocket, mattel had little astronauts. Made of a sort of rubber that didn't stand the afrikan sun...

RIP
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I can distinctly remember sitting in rapt fascination watching the Moon Landing(the astronauts took Eternity coming out of the capsule! One even impudently stuck their leg out and waggled it at the camera and pulled it back in.) I think everyone alive at the time remembers either watching the event or at the very least remembers where they were at the moment. It was a Summer to Remember, for sure. And, now the 1st man to step on the Moon is finally gone. The dream of the first caveman on up to 1969, almost everyone has had the same thought- "I wonder what it would be like to be up there on the Moon?".
    Neil joins his fellow US Space Pioneers Gus Grissom,Alan Shepard, Charles Conrad, Deke Slayton, Roger Chaffee, Gordo Cooper, Ron Evans, Stoo Roosa, Jim Irwin, Wally Shirra, Jack Swigert, Ron Evans and Ed White and so many more. The early NASA boys are almost all gone now-only 2 of the Mercury 7 are still with us. Sadly, Armstrong's passing nearly went unnoticed here in the US. One news agency even made the revolting statement that "Neil Young-the first man on the Moon died today". Even more disgusting, was the wide coverage and announcement at nearly the same time that "Jerry Nelson-the voice of Sesame Street's "The Count" died." THAT one, everyone reported and heard about......
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast