Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAF Cosford

Article about: by Lugerlout I agree.....I was lucky enough to serve at RAF Marham in the seventies Long shot but do you happen to know Barry Collins at all? (nicknamed snowy)

Default RAF Cosford

Hello All!

Had my nephews for the day so decided to take them for a trip to RAF Cosford. Whist one of us was entertaining the kids the other tried to get some pictures to share with you all! Wish i could have got more but the childrens attention span was against us. Hope you like them
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: RAF Cosford

Is it an open camp now? I went there years ago to attend a course lol
    Ben

A few Pics:

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Is it an open camp now? I went there years ago to attend a course lol
    Hi Ben,

Other than the museum, sports facillities and various cadet corps there the answer is no. There is still a lot of security as the Defence Intel bods run a photographic school there plus the technical training wing, aero systems management/training and the RAF radio training school plus lots of foreign nationals from all over the world including Saudi princes and suchlike who could be potential targets for extremists.

Funnily enough, there was a low key ceremony there today where the outgoing station C.O. handed over the keys to the new boss.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Cheers Ned, I did a ADR course there in the early nineties, shame it was a good camp, had a good rugby team as well, the club was very social
    Ben

A few more

And some more

- - Updated - -

I especially like the aeroplane darts from ww1.

great pictures.....this museum is well worth a visit...........some of the experimental aircraft exibits are unique.......and of course one of only two TSR2 aircraft is here.....I was stationed at Cosford in the mid 1980s during my RAF service..........very fond memories of the place.

Quote by Lugerlout View Post
    great pictures.....this museum is well worth a visit...........some of the experimental aircraft exibits are unique.......and of course one of only two TSR2 aircraft is here.....I was stationed at Cosford in the mid 1980s during my RAF service..........very fond memories of the place.
    Yes! The TSR2 is geat to see! I love to see all the V-Bombers there. Seeing the Vulcan up close is a real feast for the eyes

I agree.....I was lucky enough to serve at RAF Marham in the seventies..............during a NATO exercise one year I witnessed all of 57 and 55 Sqns aircraft, around 15 to 20 aircraft if memory serves, perform a practise sqaudron scramble........Victors one after another charging down the runway in one continuous thunderous noise...........god knows where the air traffic controllers stacked them all up........it must have been an ATC nightmare.....not something that we would probably be capable of repeating these days sadly......think of the fuel bill alone...........happy days.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast