Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real Deal?

Article about: Allgemeine SS helmet RZM BLACK! - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics I know helmets were produced with RZM and runic stamps but now must be ultra rare, your thoughts?...

Default Real Deal?

Allgemeine SS helmet RZM BLACK! - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

I know helmets were produced with RZM and runic stamps but now must be ultra rare, your thoughts?...

A real RZM shell, and the repaint looks right. The liner is a real TR liner, but is not the factory installed liner as the rivets are not the expected hollow core type. There are also no grommets in the fingers of the leather, which should be there in an RZM liner, but there is paint on the liner band, which I think is period, so I believe the liner was period replaced. There are also some repairs to the tips of the fingers of the leather, but to me that is no big deal. There appears to be a decal under the paint as well. All in all, not a bad RZM in my opinion. Jim G.

?

I agree with Jim. The RZM liners were very fragile and often were period replaced. I think the price for this is very fair as well given the rarity of them.

Is this the one shown on GHW2 recently? Seems a bit pricey but then what do I know.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

No offence meant to the seller i was just being cautious of the lid, being a collector i a naturally wary of rare items like this. Thanks for the replies folks!...