Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Real, or Fake Stuff.........?

Article about: Hi guys. I just wanted to let you know of this Ebay seller. He seems to be doing very well with most of his items......... Silver Oak leaves Swords Knights Iron Cross WWII German Elite medal

?

Default Re: Real, or Fake Stuff.........?

What sickens me even more than this guy selling is the fact that the buyers all appear to have no idea about any of the items they are buying, anyone can be fooled with a really good fake, but total ignorance when buying is another matter, im afraid i have no sympathy with them, a fool and his money are soon parted

Quote by davejb View Post
    What sickens me even more than this guy selling is the fact that the buyers all appear to have no idea about any of the items they are buying, anyone can be fooled with a really good fake, but total ignorance when buying is another matter, im afraid i have no sympathy with them, a fool and his money are soon parted
    Even though I hate the selling of fakes as genuine pieces, one has to lay the majority of the blame at the buyer's door. A little bit of time spent searching the net would have saved these people a load of money.....I agree with Dave's sentiment.

?

im quite new to the maker marks etc , how would you guys know the first item is fake, what ways are there to tell when they have stamps on the back etc?

The bidding history of these high quality beauties is suspect. The seller may be lining up these wonderful deals with his friends to look legit and get some street cred with collectors. Then in a month, he'll list Zepp's minty SS helmet and make 5 grand off it. Since they conceal the bidder's identity, you can't even tell how many different people bid, ridiculous. Oh well.

Jay

The Oakleaves with Swords had surface imperfections/beading and ripples.

Some of the other items, and what they went for
    just made me laugh.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2