Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

The real reason for Rudolf Hess's flight to Britain in 1941?

Article about: by canti44 Apparently he was wearing a leather flying suit bearing the rank of Captain and 'he brought along a supply of money and toiletries, a torch, a camera, maps and charts, and a colle

Default The real reason for Rudolf Hess's flight to Britain in 1941?

Hi Guys,

An interesting article appeared in todays Daily Telegraph regarding Rudolf Hess's flight to Britain in late 1941 that was roundly condemned at the time as the act of a 'madman' or 'rogue agent' by both sides during the war.

The author of a new book on the subject suggests that there was far more to this than meets the eye, and that the real reason was regarding a plan that suggested a non aggression pact between Hitler's Germany and Great Britain and a withdrawal of German forces from western european countries already invaded if he was allowed a free hand to invade Russia. Hitler was supposedly in full knowledge of all this as it was with his blessing that Hess flew to Scotland.

The suggestion by the author Peter Padfield, a published historian, that it was covered up by the British for various reasons including possible collusion of the Royal family and government officials at the highest level, as well as the supposed revelation of the forthcoming Holocaust, is rather disturbing.

Anyway, here's the article for those interested:

Nazis ‘offered to leave western Europe in exchange for free hand to attack USSR’ - Telegraph

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 09-26-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Big thanks Ned...just pre-ordered it. Due to be released next week Oct. 3.

hess-hitler-and-churchill-the-real-turning-point-of-world-war-two-a-secret-history.jpg

Updated observation: As a member of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, the Duke of Kents possible involvement sounds intriguing.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

CBH
    ?

Very interesting , makes more cents then the cover up story . Why else would they have kept him in prison for life , unless they were trying to hide something . Should be a good read when the book comes out .
    Cheers Chris

?

I've long suspected as much.
    Regards,
    John

Thanks Ned.
    I would like to also per order this book. Sounds like some great reading. Anyone got the information??

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Jan
    ?

A historian myself I find the hypothesis an interesting one but not very convincing. I will read the book though, and get back with a comment after that .

Best,

Jan

Surely if 'they' were trying to keep Hess silent 'they' would have arranged a mystery illness and sudden quiet death shortly after his capture and imprisonment?

Very good, I will get a copy too. That whole story has always seemed a bit odd.

Well, this is not a new theory. For example von Oven writes in his book "Goebbels" almost the same - Germany was not interested in attacking UK etc. Better not to write more because today there is a risk to be called a revisionist or even a neonazi when You do not 100% belive what was written about the WWII by the "trusted authors".

It's probably a better read than all these endless 'Jack the Ripper' conspiracy books, I see there's another one of them out this week too.

A large dose of scepticism is fair enough by me, but I sure as hell would like to see all the paperwork pertaining to the incident that remains classified under the 100 year rule. That in itself is unprecedented.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast