Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A real shame!....

Article about: While attending the Liverpool tattoo convention yesterday i Got tattooed by a Norwegian girl from Oslo. i decided on a Vegvisir (viking compass).1024px-Vegvisir.jpgWhile being tattooed i men

Default A real shame!....

While attending the Liverpool tattoo convention yesterday i Got tattooed by a Norwegian girl from Oslo. i decided on a Vegvisir (viking compass).1024px-Vegvisir.jpgWhile being tattooed i mentioned to the tattooist that i thought viking designs would be popular with Norwegians, to my surprise she told me that hardly any Norwegian people have them due to their association with nazism! What a real shame that they feel unable to embrace their viking heritage!....nazi symbolism strikes again!...

?

Default Re: A real shame!....

What has this to do with Nazi symbolism...?

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    What has this to do with Nazi symbolism...?
    Well that's what i thought, but i suppose because some of viking symbols were used by the nazis, they all get tarred by the same brush by the Norwegian people!..

Hmmm...
    My great-great-grandparent is the famous King Harald Hårfagre who united Norway into one kingdom at the Battle of Hafrsfjord around 900 AD, so I guess I am as Norwegian as I can be..
    We also have a coat of arms crest thing in the family! More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harald_Fairhair
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

That was very interesting read Oksnevad. Thanks! Also when you considering King Harald Hårfagre had between 11 and 20 sons there would be a lot of norwegians that can also claim this title. That must be one awesome family reunion.
    That is a very beautiful coat of arms!!!

That a good looking tat Gunny!!! how did it turn out???
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by oksnevad_2 View Post
    Hmmm...
    My great-great-grandparent is the famous King Harald Hårfagre who united Norway into one kingdom at the Battle of Hafrsfjord around 900 AD, so I guess I am as Norwegian as I can be..
    We also have a coat of arms crest thing in the family! More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harald_Fairhair
    That's cool. You have kings in you family history.
    I have scoundrels and horse thieves in mine
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    That was very interesting read Oksnevad. Thanks! Also when you considering King Harald Hårfagre had between 11 and 20 sons there would be a lot of norwegians that can also claim this title. That must be one awesome family reunion.

That a good looking tat Gunny!!! how did it turn out???
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Had it on the back of my left hand and i'm really pleased with it!..

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Thanks Phil!
    Yes, he had many sons, but only one of these sons became king.. Furthermore, in our family then came Haralds`s son King Olav Haraldson, then his son King Trygve Olavson...
    We actually have an official family book, and I did not know this, or anything about the family until early this year! Was great fun to read and i was a little proud!

?

Paul you got any photos of the finished product???, Or is still under wraps!!! Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Paul you got any photos of the finished product???, Or is still under wraps!!! Cheers Terry.
    I'll post a photo when it's healed mate!...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast