Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Recommendations on books

Article about: Hello all, I love this forum. Having been a political memorabilia collector for almost 30 years now I was quickly drawn into military collectibles recently because of this forum. I hope I'm

Default Recommendations on books

Hello all,

I love this forum. Having been a political memorabilia collector for almost 30 years now I was quickly drawn into military collectibles recently because of this forum. I hope I'm not repeating this question but I would like to know the best Military collectors books and/or publications.

A list of the best out there is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Todd Klimson

Default Re: Recommendations on books

Need some info.
    What country US ,British ,German ................
    What time WW1 or ww2 or other.
    What items.helmets medals
    chris

Hi thanks Chris. I am looking in particular for WW1 and WW2 Helmets, guns, and medals from any country esp smaller countries like Bulgaria, czech, poland etc. Of course anything German but its so saturated with fakes like political buttons. Just need to learn determining authenticity of relics. I run across helmets and medals all over Florida here and it's extremely difficult to determine authenticity. I read alot on this site and am getting better.

Ludwig Baer would be the book for German helmet.
    chris

Really thanks Chris I'll check it out. Just want something to carry in case I dont have my laptop.

Quote by Milicollector View Post
    Really thanks Chris I'll check it out. Just want something to carry in case I dont have my laptop.
    It is a very good book,great pictures and info.
    I would say a must have for helmet collectors.
    chris

Yes I'm going to get my hands on it. I'm looking at a helmet now waiting on pics from the collector. My first glance its a fake but I need close ups for sure he only has 4 pics now and sending more. I need a lot of opinions and expert advice on it. I'll post it in the helmet section when the pics arrive. Let me know your thoughts. I think its an M40

The stamp is DRP Hale with a large V next to it. But there are scratches all over it as if someone deliberately tried to make it look worn.

We are here to help.
    Please post here before buying.
    Good decal pictures,try to get pictures that are focus..
    chris

Yes I understand decals are the most important. I will definitely post here before buying. I posted a belt buckle a couple of days and members caught the fake immediately.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast