Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red wings movie

Article about: by cricketchris1944 There was only 2 German fighter planes on D-day. chris Not strictly true - there were other fighter sorties on D-Day but most were away from the actual beaches. It is tru

Default Red wings movie

Is it me but this movie suck.
    I just saw half of it on TV tonight I just thought it was horrible.
    There was only two German fighters on D-day, in the movie they show large numbers of them.
    chris

Thats Hollywood for you.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Is it really true that the Germans only had 2 fighters available during on D-day, like in the movie The Greatest Day? I know nothing about this and I'm interested.

Yes, it's horrible how Hollywood morphs history and especially the younger generations who aren't that interested in history, get the wrong impression of what war was like and the track of events etc.

There was only 2 German fighter planes on D-day.
    chris

Politically correct and historically incorrect Hollywood rubbish...Typical...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    There was only 2 German fighter planes on D-day.
    chris
    I didn't know this. It certainly sheds some light on an article I read the other day that had an interrogation account from a German panzer division soldier, talking about how they were expecting Luftwaffe support to fight back allied aerial attacks on their convoy but were surprised to find no support. They were even lied to by commanders, who told them they were all in another sector that needed them more at that moment, and that they'd be along when they could get to them. Of course, the officer reports that they never did come and that their division soon figured out that they weren't going to.

Here's the post on the article:

SS Panzer Officers Interrogation report regarding 17th SS Panzer Grenadier Division's last days.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Politically correct and historically incorrect Hollywood rubbish...Typical...
    I remember the movie Tuskegee airmen that was really good.But this red wings is so bad in so many different ways.
    chris

?

The movie was crap! I'm glad I watched on YouTube.

Further proof - as if we needed any - that George Lucas had reached his prime in the late Eighties and that Cuba Gooding Jr. is in urgent need of a better agent.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I remember the movie Tuskegee airmen that was really good.But this red wings is so bad in so many different ways.
    chris
    I enjoyed that movie too Chris , much better than the over CGI'd Red Tails

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast