Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Regimentals (CoA)

Article about: Hey guys, I'm an amateur collector and would like to start in the deep end. I'm looking for an SS Officer's visor cap and stumbled across Regimentals. Having briefly read some comments about

Default Regimentals (CoA)

Hey guys,

I'm an amateur collector and would like to start in the deep end. I'm looking for an SS Officer's visor cap and stumbled across Regimentals.

Having briefly read some comments about the items they sell and authenticity, I noticed a CoA is given on purchases >150 GBP. My question is, can this Dealer sell a fake if a CoA is supplied?

I'm based in Northern Ireland and so any purchase will likely be blind, unless there is a reputable individual/dealer in NI. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated and of course, I'm doing independent research but again any advice on how to spot genuine articles would be helpful.

i dont know the store well enough, but in general COAs really mean nothing, its only their opinion and a common source of discontent as they will want iron clad proof its a fake and generally wont except others as experts only them. in 20 years time when that shop has closed what is a piece of paper..only for a couple of really well known guys, most people on the forum here regard as completely legit is it worth getting

I would like to add, that if you are a new (ish) collector it sounds like you are plunging right into the deep end. There are so many many many fakes or 3rd Reich items SS ones are faked the most.

Buy from a reputable dealer, post the pictures here on the forum, and if you happy with the price and the responses you get, that is worth much more than a piece of paper.

Just look at the Champagne SS decal fiasco....... I'll say no more

A picture paints a thousand words, but a piece of paper is just that! a piece of paper

Oh....and BTW....welcome, here you will find the best advice anyone can give, and we have some top notch people

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I would like to add, that if you are a new (ish) collector it sounds like you are plunging right into the deep end. There are so many many many fakes or 3rd Reich items SS ones are faked the most.

Buy from a reputable dealer, post the pictures here on the forum, and if you happy with the price and the responses you get, that is worth much more than a piece of paper.

Just look at the Champagne SS decal fiasco....... I'll say no more

A picture paints a thousand words, but a piece of paper is just that! a piece of paper

Oh....and BTW....welcome, here you will find the best advice anyone can give, and we have some top notch people
    Cheers for the advice. I am looking in the deep end and, in all honesty, probably not prepared to spend 1k+ currently. I am looking at Regimental's array of items and may decide to get an entry item. Prior to doing so, I'll be sure to give the forum a look. I'm looking to spend 200-400 for something like a Third Reich Visor Cap, is this realistic?

400 GBP You will find a Visor,there is plenty out there so dont rush or stress, and as John said, always post it on here first so people here can make sure its legit..saves you time and money that way..ps welcome to the forum

I would say if in any doubt, post here first for a second opinion COA or not
    Ben

You could also check Eagle Relics, our own John Brandon, he is from the Isle of Man. I'm sure you will find him trustworthy to deal with.
    We also have other Militaria dealers who help support this forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by wizardman View Post
    400 GBP You will find a Visor,there is plenty out there so dont rush or stress, and as John said, always post it on here first so people here can make sure its legit..saves you time and money that way..ps welcome to the forum
    Could someone have a look at this look please and advise if, despite the mothing, its real and value for money?

Luftwaffe NCO Visor cap - ww2 Militaria Waffen SS German HelmetsAnd Uniforms bought and sold

Prices seem ok..im a minty kind of collector so im not really up on prices for 'neglected' 'salty' ones..but they appear to be around the price..mind you, quality ones are not much more money..everyone has different tastes..ps John has a fantastic Artillery EM/NCO´s visor for sale in very good condition for around your budget, that would be my pick

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Prices seem ok..im a minty kind of collector so im not really up on prices for 'neglected' 'salty' ones..but they appear to be around the price..mind you, quality ones are not much more money..everyone has different tastes
    Thanks a lot Wizard. Would you say its a real piece?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast