Become our sponsor and display your banner here

relic collectors; you are been watched!!

Article about: A collegue on a Dutch forum found thise document on the net!!! It treats about dug up's of all kind, but also the military one's. To me it seems like a paper students have to make at the end

Default relic collectors; you are been watched!!

A collegue on a Dutch forum found thise document on the net!!!
    It treats about dug up's of all kind, but also the military one's.
    To me it seems like a paper students have to make at the end of theyre education.As the authors seem to be "archeologists to be", they chose thise subject. It is a bit (far for the moderne militaria part!!)over the top to me!
    Theyre English is better then mine, but that is the only positive note I can add!
    Read for your self, if intrested on;
    http://www.erfgoedinspectie.nl/uploa...e_internet.pdf
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

?

Default Re: relic collectors; you are been watched!!

Interesting article....even mentions WW2 items have no real cultural value

?

Default Re: relic collectors; you are been watched!!

Not only that but out of the 4 items of WW2 era listed, only 2 are considered to be ground dug, a relic signal pistol and a flak badge which looks in better condition than the ones ive seen before, then an M40 and a sawback both in very good condition(not ground dug) , which can be readily found in any militaria store or market, I think these so called "Diggers to be" ought to stick to their grave robbing of EGYPT related items, because so called archaeologists of noteworthy reputations have ,in the past , been responsible for some of the biggest thefts of precious artifacts known to man, items that by todays standards would fetch millions of pounds, and where are they, some in museums some in private collections, also do they respect the dead, do they ensure that bodies are reburied no matter what the age, absolutely not, they are subjected to all manner of tests, dna,blood types,skin and bone conditions, this is the typical mentality of archaeologists who, because they have PHDs, and the like, can call themselves experts and regard others as little more than irritating and non-informed or unknowledgable , they are little more than snobs and "elitists" but because they have a recognised "standing" and are backed by governments, enforcement agencies and the like, they are allowed to do and say what they like