Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Rembering Old Dealeers

Article about: Would like to see what the interest is in old dealers in the days for you older collectors Like Globe militaria, Unique imports, NCHS National capitol sales, Der Gaulter etc I have posted so

Default Re: Rembering Old Dealeers

Yes that is true Danmark you didn't make as much money back then as now you did pretty good compared with my eight hundred a month. I think money went further in them days not as much inflation I remember taking five hundred to a gun show set you up pretty good could buy about as much as needed or wanted. K98 one hundred G-43 four hundred to five Luft daggers seventy five dress bayonets oh thirty dollars with frog and portapee. Helments depending on what it was fifty to two fifty for SS I once say a paratrooper sell for one twenty five. I know them days are gone. But I often ask myself why? are there that many more collectors or what. I just don't know what happened inflation I guess. timothy

In the U.K. Remember the likes of Brain Greenhaugh and Paul Waterworth (I think he still deals !), everybody who collected in the 70's will remember them......and not too fondly i'll bet !
    Prost ! Steve.

ian
    ?

remember ?? i do CALL TO ARMS upper st islington,london ,, the boss was ,Criss farllow ,of ,,,baby your out of tme ,,fame ,,a one hit wonder , he had some realy good stuff,mostely original ,but he also had a lot of early repro ,1970s,, but he allways told you if it was repro ,,to my knowlage he never miss led any one

he had also put on a lot of weight at that time
    cheers ian

i sold a SA dagger to him ,, that i believe is now owend by Ade ,the man of this forum

ian
    ?

the worst company i remember from the 70sas far as repro ,,evrything they had ,, was BLUNDER BUST ANTIQUES ,, everything was FAKE
    they were in camden passage ,islington
    just down the road from chriss farllows place ..i believe they are still there
    cheers ian

ian
    ?

i allso remember when WORLD WIDE ARMS were selling MP40, and some MP38 for about £150 god i wish i had the money back then ,, they had hundreds of them !!!!!
    somewhere i have an old exchange and mart ,,with there old adverts ,, they had a two page spread
    cheers ian

?

Correct Ian. I remember one show they had a table covered with mp40s at those prices. I remember balking at the amount though lol. If only I had taken out a bank loan at the time and bought the lot.... Deep Sigh!!!!.

ian
    ?

SSSIIIGGGHHH
    oh whell wat a shame never mind EH ,,we can all look back with regret
    hind sight is a wonderfull thing ,,,untill it pisses you off
    cheers ian

?

This thread has got Me thinking! Does any one remember The Sussex Armoury?They used to have adverts in Airgun World. Replica Nazi daggers for about 30 quid lol. Starter pistols,airguns,combat knives,black jacks etc

ian
    ?

yea LEW i remember them ,,at least they never said there stuff was real !! they had replica swords and siuts of armour and things the like

I remember Chris Farlowe in London, Albert Eyns in Bruxelles.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast