Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Require password to enter thread...

Article about: Now whereabouts do you get these passwords?

Default Re: Require password to enter thread...

I am not sure why you have suddenly decided to attack the group like this. The whole point of it is so a group of like minded individuals can get together and share information, without having to worry about some less than scrupulous individuals decimating particular sites. Every find we make is shown in the main forum, every story is told. The only thing we keep between ourselves is the location of sites. I can see nothing wrong with this, especially given the number of people out there who are just out to make a fast buck off ground dug finds.

As for the visit to your site, this was done prior to RRPG forming so I can see no relevance in mentioning it. I have offered you membership of RRPG on 2 occasions but you declined.

I also don't see you having a go at our European members for not divulging where they dig their relics. Are you seriously suggesting everyone should divulge everything about the sites they visit?

This forum provides an excellent resource for anyone interested in WW2 relics. Through the work of RRPG we continually enhance people's knowledge and provide examples of some truly unique relics. I don't see how keeping the location of the sites we dig makes us 'exclusive'.

I feel sorry for you that the existence of the RRPG forum has instilled such strong feelings in you. I would recommend worrying about things that matter rather than ones that don't.

Steve T

Quote by Steve T View Post
    I am not sure why you have suddenly decided to attack the group like this. The whole point of it is so a group of like minded individuals can get together and share information, without having to worry about some less than scrupulous individuals decimating particular sites. Every find we make is shown in the main forum, every story is told. The only thing we keep between ourselves is the location of sites. I can see nothing wrong with this, especially given the number of people out there who are just out to make a fast buck off ground dug finds.

As for the visit to your site, this was done prior to RRPG forming so I can see no relevance in mentioning it. I have offered you membership of RRPG on 2 occasions but you declined.

I also don't see you having a go at our European members for not divulging where they dig their relics. Are you seriously suggesting everyone should divulge everything about the sites they visit?

This forum provides an excellent resource for anyone interested in WW2 relics. Through the work of RRPG we continually enhance people's knowledge and provide examples of some truly unique relics. I don't see how keeping the location of the sites we dig makes us 'exclusive'.

I feel sorry for you that the existence of the RRPG forum has instilled such strong feelings in you. I would recommend worrying about things that matter rather than ones that don't.

Steve T

Well said
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Hey Tim,
    My experiance with battlefield diggin is that the items are much more scares and harder to find than on a base dump.
    Here in Belgium it takes a lot of research and work to find a descent and legal spot to dig, due to the law.
    Tracking down the owner and getting permission is the second and hardest part.
    There are a lot of diggers who don't care about ownership and the law for that matter.
    After they get the location they go rampaging on the spot that took you months to locate and screw everything up for you by emptying the place.
    I don't mind taking people with me on a dig as long as they don't go blabbering about the location to anyone else.
    Look at bastogne and other well known battlefields, they have been ransact by illegal diggin, with puttholes all over the place as a grim reminder of them passing thru the area.

Steve T,I post a few times a week and i am probably one of the oldest collectors on this forum.I started in 1969 (good ole days if you would say) and of course there was no internet and rare was the collector who had a simple computer!I have watched the hobby grow and since i am answering you about this guy going after you and the other relic hunters,i will leave that for another time.Bob Treend published "DER GAULIETER" years ago and has his own site that has crashed and he is trying to get a new one up and running!In one of his blogs he addressed the steady bunch of negative guys who only post to assault other members posts no matter what!They join as guests and never ante up a dime to defray the costs of this or anyother site.I am a member since OCT. 2011 and was a member of Treends site 2 years ago.When you go after another member try to relate what you believe is wrong in a decent way.This guy has no right in knowing where yours and other members digs are,period!!!This is now a recuring thing in German collectables that some of these one year wonders who think they know it all and dont know diddily squat.Sorry but when i started their was a decorum in collector to collector talk and sorry to say the manners of some leave much to be desired in this hobby.Remember all members for the most part you are talking to grown men and if you can't be civil then don't answer something which is commom sense and be nasty!!

?

I thought Ade told me the posts on the private section were not to be seen by non members.

They aren't, but they do appear in the 'Recent threads' bit at the top of the forum, which means everyone can click on them. However, when you do it doesn't show the thread but asks for the password. This is where this entire thread has stemmed from.

For the record, I'm quite happy to give the RRPG their privacy and look forward to seeing their finds 'on the forum', regardless of my member status.

I have suddenly realised something.

I do hope Tim, that you are equally as emotional about the Gold Club members. After all, they pay money to the site for access to other features not available to non-gold club members. Perhaps you would like to level the same reasoning against them ?

$25 will buy you a year’s membership or alternatively, $10 for 100 days.

What are the benefits: well, first of all, it will mean the forum will keep running! But it will also give you:

Increased PM storage for up to 1000 PM's and no time limit to posting PM's.

The ability to customise your forum browsing experience. There will be the option to remove unwanted sections of the forum which are not to your own particular collecting interests.

A new special Customised Classified adverts section will be introduced with unlimited sales/wants. I think this will be popular.

No Google Adverts.

The ability to create social groups.

By your definition, an 'Exclusive' club.

Steve T

This is all getting a little.......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

HA HA HA... I don't even know where to start on this one! I see two sides this the ridiculous and the sensible. Nice to see a comment like Glens, "hes happy to let us dig and keep our information to ourselves as log as we display our finds" and then the more ridiculous that we should advertise openly on the internet where we dig so that the whole world can come and not only loot what would be preserved and display by RRPG but the land would most likely plundered and left looking like a lunar landscape resulting in land owners permission withdrawn the we may have spent a lot of time and effort to get! Seriously, what is your argument here? Falsch, as Steve said, you were invited to join. You declined... If people want to join then they only have to ask Steve and he would talk through this. I'm sure if you look inside your head you will see that openly telling the world where you dig is stupid and will only lead to trouble. We all wanted a group where we could openly discuss this. We wanted a group that can work together on projects, not in secret as you seem to put a clandestine view over what we are doing. But, where its not view by potential site ninjas. We don't want anyone getting there before us! As you wouldn't either. We also put time, money and effort into preserving and displaying our relics at shows. Very doubtful this would have happened if RRPG had not been set up, which can only be a good thing or the hobby.

One last question (its metaphoric by the way), why start all this attack on RRPG now... we have been here a year in plain view of you all? If we wanted to hide away we could have used a different webspace and squirreled all out top secret finds and sites away so that you saw nothing of what we have been doing. I'm happy to stop display my finds in the public area if this would keep you happy.

I don't expect too much of a sensible reply.

A very disappointed little Mouse

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast