Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Resistor Color Code Contest.

Article about: Hello All, Now I am an electronics' tech by trade. I also work with/train the Marines. This past weekend I was working with some of my Devil Dog tech's on a power supply problem on one of my

?

Default Resistor Color Code Contest.

Hello All,
    Now I am an electronic's tech by trade. I also work with/train the Marines.
    This past weekend I was working with some of my Devil Dog tech's on a power supply problem on one of my Precision Approach Radar scope's.
    I explained how a power supply can be loaded down by a bad components in the circuit it is suppling power to. Well it came down to a precision resistor.
    I asked the tech to give me the value of the resistor by using the color code bands on that resistor. They were a little in the dark about that.
    I was to say, a Little disappointed more like WTF! But thought lets make this a learning experience.
    So I explained a phrase I was taught in the Good Ole Days to help you determine the value.
    When I told them the phrase, their eye's widened as if I was cursing at them. Now the New PC Marine Corps has turned a little EXTREME when it comes to such things
    If you haven't figured it out yet, AZPhil is not PC.

So I thought of this color code contest for them with $5 prize. One thing a Marine will do, is work for Beer Money!!!
    Here is the chart and also what I was taught. The first phrase is what I was taught, Not PC and was told we have females working here and she might be offended, "She" is a former Marine and also an awesome tech! So I asked her what she was taught, Her's is the second line. I LMAO and told her to tell the boss!!!

The contest is going slow, They are really not doing well with a PC phrases.
    I got a lot of non PC( I'm Proud Of them) But need something that the Warrant Officer will except!!LOL!!

So if some of you Gent's here or those across the pond were taught another version.
    Please let me see what you were taught or can come up with.
    So for the winning suggestion here, I will donate $5 to the site. Or buy you a beer if you come to Yuma!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

CLICK TO ENLARGE
    CCC 2.JPG
    Last edited by AZPhil; 11-27-2019 at 06:43 AM. Reason: spelliing correction. Didn't want the Grammar Gestapo to get me!!

Kind of a combo,
    Bad Boys Ravish Our Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly, Gold, Silver, None
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Phil,
    I knew one but it was so so many years ago. We were doing a simple
    circuit board in Boy Scouts (1970) If I can remember it, I will post it.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 11-28-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Blimey this bought back some memories, violet goes without back in my day!

?

I was taught this phrase back in 1980 in my Basic Electricity and Electronics(BE&E) course at NAS Memphis training center. But it still is used today in some of my equipment which is also that old. The newer surface mount is the new way. You can teach an old dog new tricks in my field. I was also taught tube (Valve) theory which is long gone ,But used in some of our favorite items we collect!!!LOL!!!

Thanks for looking and if you can come up with something used in the scouts, That should be PC I would think!

Semper Fi
    Phil