Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Return of Klinger.....Or The Banning of Swingcat

Article about: I imagine that many of you remember the now-long banned forum member "Klinger" who did more than a few shady deals here awhile ago. Well....he has been Back now for some time and t

Default The Return of Klinger.....Or The Banning of Swingcat

I imagine that many of you remember the now-long banned forum member "Klinger" who did more than a few shady deals here awhile ago. Well....he has been Back now for some time and true to form, went right back to his modus operandi of selling fake items to Forum Members. Hopefully, no one has purchased any of "Swingcat"s amazing items that he has posted here over the last several months or so, as there is no "Swingcat"-it is only our old friend "Klinger" back, once again, wearing a different face and new name. Only This particular time around, he has now scammed at least One member here out of nearly $1500. If anyone has purchased anything from him, I would strongly suggest that you have the item checked out by one of the hobby experts, as everything he has posted here and subsequently sold to this date has been proven to be Fake.
    The main point being here, I imagine, is that no one should ever put total confidence in Any seller's items-even if they are a Forum member here. I saw today, with considerable dismay, for example, that even Pawel Nowak has taken the gall and posted his non-existent items here. Be Careful, People. Even if the items have been vetted here and passed-If, in the event that they Do turn out to be bad afterall-and this is Always possible, be sure that your seller is reputable and willing to refund without question. No method is bulletproof, but it being what it is, it's the best we've got for now!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Default Re: The Return of Klinger.....Or The Banning of Swingcat

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I imagine that many of you remember the now-long banned forum member "Klinger" who did more than a few shady deals here awhile ago. Well....he has been Back now for some time and true to form, went right back to his modus operandi of selling fake items to Forum Members. Hopefully, no one has purchased any of "Swingcat"s amazing items that he has posted here over the last several months or so, as there is no "Swingcat"-it is only our old friend "Klinger" back, once again, wearing a different face and new name. Only This particular time around, he has now scammed at least One member here out of nearly $1500. If anyone has purchased anything from him, I would strongly suggest that you have the item checked out by one of the hobby experts, as everything he has posted here and subsequently sold to this date has been proven to be Fake.
    The main point being here, I imagine, is that no one should ever put total confidence in Any seller's items-even if they are a Forum member here. I saw today, with considerable dismay, for example, that even Pawel Nowak has taken the gall and posted his non-existent items here. Be Careful, People. Even if the items have been vetted here and passed-If, in the event that they Do turn out to be bad afterall-and this is Always possible, be sure that your seller is reputable and willing to refund without question. No method is bulletproof, but it being what it is, it's the best we've got for now!
    I was unware of that.
    Then again, i havent bought any items from this "member".
    So im not worried.
    How has he been discovered?

He was a perpetrator of wholly improbable/ impossible tales of items he had aquired that where just too good to be true, and on closer examination this became obvious. I got his 118 when he posted this thread. I only wish I had expressed my concerns to the mod's at the time. Bastard.

of what units was this Squadron insignia

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Thankfully a sharp eyed member called Pawel Nowak out, he was banned straight away and his items removed.
    This is self policing at work and proves it does work. Every member here has a responsibility to call out fake items and notify the Forum Staff if they think there is a problem. Obviously there needs to be a certain amount of diplomacy and if you think a fake item has been posted in error, please think about how you notify the seller or start a thread discussing it as you may inadvertently tarnish an otherwise respectable member.
    Remember, not all deals are done through the forum classifieds and extreme caution should be exercised if you deal privately with a non Gold Club Member who is new or has made no worthwhile contribution to the forum.
    If in doubt, canvass the opinion of longer term members, people you trust or the Forum Staff.

As always 'caveat emptor'. Use your COMMON SENSE.

It's been said before - if you want to send you hard earned cash to a complete stranger in a far away land off the back of a few emails or messages, don't moan if you get stitched up! Especially if you don't know what their name is! Check them out until you get bored and then check them another four times!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Well done lads. The mods can only do so much, and we all know that they do PLENTY! Appreciate your vigilance.

Regards,

Carl

The Return of Klinger.....Or The Banning of Swingcat
    Didn't know that!
    The bastard sold me for over 500 euro of regimental buttons, when know as klinger!
    Never got the buttons, but managed to get 3/4 of my money back! Or should one say "only" 3/4...
    One should consider to make a thread about people who are ok to deal with and one with people who aren't!
    We do discuss dealers, why shouldn't we discuss members !?
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Hmm, sold him a helmet, got the payment ok, and so far I haven't had any fake claims saying that he didn't receive it. Knock on wood. However, if Paypal asks, I have a receipt for a "certificate of mailing" showing that I sent the item in good faith. Quite the obnoxious buyer however.

Hi Guys, I was the one who undercovered Klinger/Swingcat. I had had my suspicions for some time, but I could not prove it. However, when this deal came to light I then had the hard evidence I needed to link the two accounts together.

Please, please, please, don't send money to anyone who does not provide proof of identity. He or is it she, never signed his name in posts or even in the all the pm's & emails pertaining to this deal. That alone is odd and should have started alarm bells ringing. Then asking for the money to be sent to a PayPal account with a womans name is another red flag.

Private deals done via PM alone for items not listed in the forums classified ads are fraught with risk.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Good work Ade

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Then asking for the money to be sent to a PayPal account with a womans name is another red flag.
    That is the way I work....because the hobby is a hobby, and needs to stay separate of the buisiness part....
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast