Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Reward offered for the return of blind D-Day veteran's lost medals

Article about: A £5000 reward has been offered for the return of Alfred Barlow's medals, which were lost after a visit to the men's room at Norton Canes services on the M6 Toll on June 8th, after returning

Default Reward offered for the return of blind D-Day veteran's lost medals

A £5000 reward has been offered for the return of Alfred Barlow's medals, which were lost after a visit to the men's room at Norton Canes services on the M6 Toll just North of Birmingham on June 8th, after returning from a pilgrimage to Normandy. Mr Barlow, who is blind and turns 96 today, served with 3rd Reconnaissance (Recce) Regiment, 3rd Division, and landed on Sword Beach at 10am on D-Day, June 6 1944.

The four medals lost are the 1939-1945 Star, the France & Germany Star, the 1939-1945 War Medal and the Palestine Medal. Anyone with information on the return of the medals is asked to contact the sight loss charity on the free Blind Veterans UK hotline on 0800 389 7979.

For more information see:

https://www.justgiving.com/campaigns.../alfredsmedals

And

Appeal to find blind veteran'''s war medals missing from service station | Central - ITV News

£5,000 reward fund for return of veteran'''s missing medals | Central - ITV News

D-Day veteran loses medals at service station | Central - ITV News

Hugh Grant offers

Apologies if this has already been posted on the forum but the more publicity the better.

CBH
    ?

It's a Sad World.

They were lost, not stolen, so let's hope that the finder will see the publicity and get in touch.

A great idea to highlight this here on the forum as us people here are the ones most likely to see the medals in their travels. Lets hope they are recovered quickly for Mr Barlow, I know that I would be devastated if my Granddads D-Day/war medals were lost or stolen. Leon.