Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Riot shield question for UK members

Article about: I am hoping someone might know with a degree of certainty if it illegal or not to privately import and own a police riot shield in the UK?

Default Riot shield question for UK members

I am hoping someone might know with a degree of certainty if it illegal or not to privately import and own a police riot shield in the UK?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I have not heard of these being prohibtied before? I am sure I have seen them for sale at shows. Not that either of these statements are much help, sorry...

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I cannot see any reason why you could not import one , they are after all a defence piece. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Thanks chaps, I also sent an email to the Home Office asking for their guidance....now just waiting for the front door to be kicked in by the boys in black

Quote by StefanM View Post
    Thanks chaps, I also sent an email to the Home Office asking for their guidance....now just waiting for the front door to be kicked in by the boys in black
    Ha Ha , let's face it , that's the way the world seems to work now. Get yourself a 3D printer and make your own "home made" Attila the Hun and that will be fine!! Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

...the shield I am considering buying. Used by the Polish MO during the 1980's to enforce marshall law during the Solidarity social revolution.

image.jpg

I can't see any reason why it couldn't be imported as there is no way it could be classed as an offensive weapon!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Being a police officer I am unaware of any legislation that prohibits the importation and ownership of these. Nice item.

?

Isn't it illegal to breathe in England without a permit of some kind?

Stefan, its not classed as a weapon so I am sure it will be ok, you can buy chain saws!
    Ben

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast