Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Roadtrip to Great Britain and Europe

Article about: by Fred Green Hello, Dragging another ryker case full of insignia with me. Anybody located in the area is more than welcome to stop by and have some beers!! Fred Just a thought, is there any

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

I have a cell phone but it is my work phone and I do not believe that it is set for international usage. Besides my boss might get pissed!! My son in law travels and he said to get an "unlocked" cell phone from Radio Shack , or the likes, and then when in Europe get a Sim card and service for that area. I will be hitting a Radio Shack this weekend and talk to one of there reps to see what they have to say.

Indeed! Mostly used are the mini Sim card's (Subscriber identity module - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), you can get a prepayed Sim card for 20 euro.
    Best would be to buy a new one in the country you are next.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

The plans are starting to get formed!! I am planning to stay in the Whitehall area. Jerry and Mark are planning to meet up with me on Friday. We will be running around Friday and most likely see the Churchill War Chambers and most of the political buildings and touristy things in the area. Saturday we are going to head out of town to see the RAF museum. Saturday evening I am planning to meet up with anybody that is interested in having a beer!! Place to be determined but the date is 18 Jan 2014 around 2000 hrs. Hopefully some of you can make it out. I would love to meet you!!

Fred

Fred Green
    ?

ello,

Plans are coming along. I will be getting my hotel this Friday. Always interested in having a beer with the locals. Bull Martin, Harry Amb2, Up for a couple??

Fred

Fred Green
    ?

Hey Hey,

We finally got a decent room a couple of blocks away from the British Museum. We will be staying at the Double Tree by Hilton London- West End. I got a half way decent rate and will be splitting it with a Londoner that doesn't want to go back home ,two nights in a row, drunk on a train!! We will be checking out some of the local pubs on line to see where we can meet up with everybody at. If you have any suggestion, please feel free to post them here or drop me a line.
    Plans are coming together.

Fred

Fred Green
    ?

hello,

Less than 30 days and I will be sitting in London, hopefully having a Spotted Hen!!

Fred

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

Finally a place to have beers during my stop in London has been decided upon!! Saturday evening, 18 Jan 2014, at 1900 hrs we will be meeting at the Museum Tavern, 49 Great Russell Street, Bloomsbury, London, WC1B 3BA. This will be a great starting place for the evening.

Again I want to put the invitation out there to forum members and collectors in the area to come down and a a cold one, or two!! Hope to see you there!!

Fred Green

Fred, I'll probably only be able to meet up with you on the Saturday, so which RAF museum will you be at outside London and what time will you be there? I guess you mean RAF Hendon?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Fred Green
    ?

Hello Jerry,

A friend of my daughters offered to drive us to the museum in Duxford. I believe it is part of the IWM. I have not gotten a time from her yet but I would like to start early and then take the day as it goes. Saturday evening I would like to get together with you, Mark, Ben, and anybody else that shows up, for a "Show and Tell" before we head out to the Museum Tavern. I am bringing along a pile of insignia to help finance the trip and this will give anybody that shows up a chance to dig through it.

Here is some of the stuff that is coming along:

DSCN4618 (1024x768).jpgDSCN4612 (1024x768).jpgDSCN4613 (1024x768).jpgDSCN4614 (1024x768).jpgDSCN4615 (1024x768).jpgDSCN4616 (1024x768).jpgDSCN4620 (1024x768).jpg

I am dragging along a little more than this and I have some stuff prepackaged for a couple of other guys. Hoping to hear back from some others that live in the area!!

Fred

Looks like some great stuff Fred. I might have to get some of the tropical items from you. I can see 3 of the trade patches which are variations I don't have.

I'll meet you at Duxford, though I will probably not be able to do the meet in London. I'll be driving up for the day and then driving back home the same day. It is about a 5 hour drive to Duxford and then the same back home. A shame about the drinking session in London but I am a real lightweight these days and any more than a few would knock me out anyway.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast