Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The Russian arrival

Article about: A parcel arrived one summers day, it was from Russia and I had been eagerly awaiting its arrival, I opened the parcel and was greeted with a item wrapped carefully in Russian news papers, I

Default Re: The Russian arrival

AMTG

What a fun thread! Heavy meds, maybe, but your story is a well written, fun read! Joking about the meds, of course.

Green

?

I suppose it's a bit out there, and not to everyone's taste.

As for meds, I'm on a lot of them, all legal.....I have PTSD and at 39 I am unable to work and was discharged after 18 years service, I'm an Iraq vet.......yes the meds help me to cope and write short stories, a little bit of escapism helps.

Quote by AMTG View Post
    I suppose it's a bit out there, and not to everyone's taste.

As for meds, I'm on a lot of them, all legal.....I have PTSD and at 39 I am unable to work and was discharged after 18 years service, I'm an Iraq vet.......yes the meds help me to cope and write short stories, a little bit of escapism helps.
    AMTG, thanks for sharing something so personal with us. Thanks for your dedicated service to your country. We were all kidding about the meds thing and I certainly hope I/we didn't strike a nerve with you I enjoyed your story very much! Escapism is important, I find it in fishing.

?

I know no one on this forum is that nasty, no real offence taken.....I suppose apart from my family my other passion is collecting, and I see each item as belonging to someone, not just a helmet or a badge, once they meant something to someone, they were looked after, soldiers got yelled at for not looking after them, and on both sides there was pride in their uniform, I still have most of my own kit, uniforms and medals, and I still maintain them....in our short time on this earth we are but the custodians of these things, each of us has our own private museum, and hopefully when we move on, people will still have a chance to see real items in years to come....

And we can all have a laugh along the way!!!!

You make me want to go buy a relic helmet from Stalingrad!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123