Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sad news. Loss of a forum member Steven L Faulkner 1968-2013

Article about: steven.jpg Steven L. Faulkner, 44, of Mt. Vernon, died 1:38 a.m. Friday, March 29, 2013, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center in Mt. Vernon. He was born Tuesday, June 25, 1968, in St. Lo

Default Re: Sad news. Loss of a forum member Steven L Faulkner 1968-2013

steven.jpg

Steven L. Faulkner, 44, of Mt. Vernon, died 1:38 a.m. Friday, March 29, 2013, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center in Mt. Vernon.

He was born Tuesday, June 25, 1968, in St. Louis, the son of Hubert Duanne and Patricia (Endicott) Faulkner. He married D. Ann Gallagher on Jan. 23, 1990, in Clearwater, Fla.

Steven worked as an antique dealer for over 30 years, operating many different shops. He was the owner and operator of Gold Rush Antique and Coin of Mt. Vernon. He never received a formal education but he will be remembered as always having been the smartest in the room.

Steven was lucky enough to have a large and amazing family. He is survived by his wife, D. Ann Faulkner of Mt. Verno; mother and stepfather, Mr. and Mrs. Bob Edwards of Catawissa, Mo.; half brother, Gordon Schaible of Aberdeen, S.D.; stepbrothers, Shaun Edwards of Villa Ridge, Mo., Norman Faulkner of Centralia, Glen Faulkner of Centralia and David Faulkner of Centralia; and stepsister, Lori Donoho of Walnut Hill. Many uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces, nephews and good friends will also cherish his memory. Steven is also survived by his beloved campanion Chinese shar pei, Hank Faulkner.

He was preceded in death by his beloved grandparents, Helen and Alfred Endicott, Sr.; his father, Hubert Duanne Faulkner; and business mentor, Paul Hoppes. At the Rainbow Bridge “The Huckleberry”, his basset hound and best friend is waiting.

Graveside burial of ashes will be at 1 p.m. Friday at Hillcrest Cemetery in Centralia. Interment will be at Hillcrest Cemetery in Centralia.

Celebration of life service will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Hughey Funeral Home in Mt. Vernon.

What a shame to hear and my thoughts out to the family.
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 04-11-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thanks Eric for the better obituary.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

CBH
    ?

Very sad , RIP

This is desperately sad news. I had the pleasure to deal with Steve back in 2011 and it was a very easy, trouble free experience. He even sent me some nice bits of wartime ephemera for free, that's what he was like, a true gent. I knew he had been unwell for sometime, but didn't expect this. My sincere condolences go out to his wife and family at this difficult time.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I did not know him but my condolences to his family.

?

My deepest condolences for his family, friends, and all the lives he touched in this forum. I didn't know Steve very well,but I do know he was very well respected as a fellow collector and as a person! God speed my friend!

R.I.P. Steven.

Very sad news indeed, thoughts out to his family
    Ben

?

RIP Steve !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

R.I.P. Steven.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast