Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

saying goodbye

Article about: hello fellow collectors i have come to a point that i have decided to stop collecting german ww2 militaria as i always have been fasinated by the samurai code and there armor i had to make a

Default saying goodbye

hello fellow collectors

i have come to a point that i have decided to stop collecting german ww2 militaria as i always have been fasinated by the samurai code and there armor i had to make a choice between these two

and samurai/japan it will be
    as this gets my attention mutch more

just wanted to let you guys know

cheers jacob

Default Re: saying goodbye

Follow your heart and be happy no matter what it is you choose to collect.

Hi Jacob,
    you have made a choice as we all do some times, but collecting is collecting, i hope you can learn your new collection and teach others the way of the samurai. best of luck.
    dave.

and send all your W.W.2 stuff to me. lol.

darnit got me lose a

oh well if you guys are surtching for stuff send me a pm
    and pleas tell me what you surtch and maybe i got it
    [daggers arent leaving though all in to nice condition maybe later]

cheers j

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Jacob,
    you have made a choice as we all do some times, but collecting is collecting, i hope you can learn your new collection and teach others the way of the samurai. best of luck.
    dave.

and send all your W.W.2 stuff to me. lol.
    thanks dave

these kind of choices are hard
    the way of the samurai came in my live 3 years ago
    and by that time i already whas kind of adicted to the japanese katana these buggers cant be compared whit an ss dagger not only in valeu but also in history and the shape of the blade after al those years still like a mint sa dagger [and i am not talking about those katana`s made yesterday but somewere around 1300 or 1400]

but i`ll swing by in some treads when i get a little crancky

oh the stuff can be send to you if you got the cash of course

Hello,
    If you think that german WWII militaria is expensive and that too many fakes are floating around....try medieval japanese stuff....(joke..lol)
    Have a nice collecting and try to watch as many Akira Kurosawa's movies as possible....
    sayonara !
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thumbs up Re: saying goodbye

I collect both ,but do not specialize in anything in perticular, Helmet's rifle's bayonet's sword's militaria. But if you want to spend all your $$$ on one collectable, the Nihonto side of the house sure can help you spend all of your extra cash.
    Knowledge is the key in any and all fields of collecting. So for starter's I suggest . This book
    THE SAMURAI SWORD
    A HANDBOOK
    By John M. Yumoto

I have 2 Koto swords in my collection the oldest of the 2 was made between 1461 and 1504 By Nagamori( It took me years to find my smith's Oshigata but thats half of your journey)
    Have Fun!!!!!

Good luck with your new venture. But please post some of your new items here. I am sure many of us would find them interesting.

Cheers, Ade.

hi guys

thanks for the support
    think i`ll visit bol.com for some good information books

also i have found a verry good website for and about nihonto [japanese collectible swords]

Nihonto Message Board

if there are more website`s out there please let me know
    oh may i see your 2 swords azphil

cheers j

oh if someone has japanese items from before the war or a shin gunto that he wants to trade for german items

pleas contact me

cheers j

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast