Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

scammers on this site Beware.

Article about: Hi Guys, the person banned was again someone with "0" posts on the forum who solicited sales via PM. He was a known Bulgarian con man who went under the named of "Sultana"

Default Re: scammers on this site Beware.

Hi Guys, the person banned was again someone with "0" posts on the forum who solicited sales via PM. He was a known Bulgarian con man who went under the named of "Sultana".

PLEASE DON'T SEND MONEY TO PEOPLE WITH ZERO POSTS WHO YOU DON'T KNOW. I can keep track of public sales to a large extent. But it is down to you to protect yourselves as well. These people send pics of items they don't own at cheap prices to try and get someone to bite.

You will understand I keep files on known crooks who turn up here and on other forums. I have ways and means to detect them but I don't want to show my hand here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I would not buy from anyone that has not been active on the forum and does not list his location. Anything less that 25 or 30 posts that are no more than "Nice" or "Great item" makes me suspicious.

Good you got your money back! Scammers are everywhere. But having said that, I also sell alot of stuff on internet, not only military stuff, but al sorts. And often I don't have the time to go to the post office, because I'm working or at school, and it's closed when I get home. So sometimes the pakkages are late as I have to ask other people to post it for me. Some people get really nervous after a day or two, start mailing me where the hell the goods are, but I must say I always tell the buyers what and why it's late, and when I have the oppertunity to mail them. I sold a M40 lid (relic) to some buyer in the UK, and after three days he was screaming at me, where the thing was, and why he hadn't recieved it yet. He blocked the money he paid me through PayPal, and got his stupid lid the next day through the post. Then he apologized, but I told him he could keep his money and the lid, but to never ever buy anything of me again. Just want to say that sometimes things can take more time, but the important point is that buyer and seller should always be honest about this, and always answer e-mails about a shipment being late. Not anwsering e-mails is a red flag!

Correct. Good communication is the key.
    Also i feel more comfortable buying from members with 500+ posts. I have bought from members having less though, but at least i knew them from various forum's discussions.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I would not buy from anyone that has not been active on the forum and does not list his location. Anything less that 25 or 30 posts that are no more than "Nice" or "Great item" makes me suspicious.
    Couldn't agree more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12