259-kings-liverpool-regiment.jpg

Hello folks.

This is something I've been meaning to do for some time, but never quite got around to. Having spent a few months immersed in this community now, I feel this is my very best chance of getting results. Better than trawling umpteen militaria sites and eBay every day for a veritable needle in a haystack, certainly.
As many of you may know from one of my previous threads, my maternal great grandfather served in the 2nd Battalion of the King's Liverpool Regiment during the Second World War. He went through North Africa, Italy and Greece, and later went on to do several tours in the British Army of the Rhine in postwar occupied Germany. My great grandfather on the other side served in the same theaters, but due to certain circumstances beyond my control I've been unable to attain any more information on him. It's possible that he served in the King's, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

The thread, for those interested: My Great Grandfather, My Only Hero

To the point. I am now actively seeking items from this regiment, particularly those that may have been used in the North African Campaign, or in Italy. I understand that the former may be a mission of some magnitude, as items from that campaign tend to be very desirable as a rule. But I feel it is my duty, as a descendant of a soldier, to preserve my family's wartime history. Outside of cigarette cards and cap badges, and my great grandfather's own insignia and medal ribbons, I've had absolutely zero luck.
It is worth noting that I have been somewhat persistent. A day hardly goes by where I don't peruse various sites, hoping that they've listed something along the lines of what I'm looking for. For whatever reason, as is the case when looking for anything specific in this hobby, finding anything particular has proved very challenging at best, frustrating at worst.

So I'm appealing to the collector community here, in the hope that more skilled and experienced eyes will pick up something that I might have missed, or that someone may have something pertaining to the King's Regiment that they are willing to part with. When it comes to categories, I'm not looking for anything specific: Insignia, pieces of uniform, helmets, paperwork, photographs. Anything goes!

I admit I am very intrigued by the idea of owning a flashed Brodie helmet, bearing the Horse of Hanover, and have seen them in various threads here on this very site. Of course, said helmets will be rather expensive, but I feel it would be a worthy expense. Time allowing, I would save for such an item if I had to. Even if it meant selling on some militaria that I already own.

Any help anyone can provide with this matter would be greatly, greatly appreciated. I do feel that perhaps I am asking too much, and maybe I'm coming across as a tad obsessive. But the bug is biting, and it isn't going away anytime soon.

Very best regards, B.B.